Ryzen 9 5900x Motherboard Choice X570 vs B550

So I finally managed to scoop a 5900x off amazon (got super lucky on a product page refresh). Seems to be on a slow boat from China since I won't get it until mid Feb, leaving me with plenty of time to select the Mobo I want.

Here's my current set of assumptions:

Use Case: 1440p gaming and office workstation. Maybe a light CPU overclock but most likely just let PB2/PBO do it's thing, aiming for a good memory kit in the 3600mhz CL 14 - 4000mhz CL 18 range.

B550 with updated memory topology (assuming I choose a 6 player PCB board) will make hitting good mem speeds and timings easier.

X570 more PCIe 4.0 lanes but has older memory topology.

Realistically for PCIe lanes, i'll be using a high end GPU and 2x M.2 drives. Most B550 board only have 1 PCIe 4.0 M.2 slot going to CPU and the second one is 3.0 going through chipset. TBH this isn't a deal breaker for me sine m.2 baseline is fast enough.

But also reaslistically for the memory, @ 1440p res I think the GPU becomes the FPS bottleneck and faster/tighter memory likely won't make much of a difference in games.

So.... Please help me by telling me if any of my above assumptions are wrong/flawed and help me choose a good mobo to pair with my 5900x for my use case. At the moment i'm leaning towards an Aorus B550 Pro.