Best motherboard for Ryen 3 3100?

Just want to buy a ryzen 3 3100 cpu and what motherboard should I buy for a middle class gaming pc? 

id say the b450m chipset. nice and cheap. Ive got a few more boards on My pc guide if interested

OUTDATED JAN 2021 ===========> Check out my pc building guide! might be useful tho

It's great for planning new builds, getting a reference on where to start, or seeing what you need to play what games.

It also shows what I recommend for upgrading your stuff!

cpu - ryzen 5 3600

gpu - gtx 1070

ram - (2x8) 3200mhz

ssd - 970 evo plus 500gb

ssd2 - 860 qvo 1tb

mobo - asrock b450m hdv r4.0

psu - evga b5 550w bronze

B450 gives you the option to upgrade to Ryzen 5000 in the future many B450 boards have new BIOS' to support Ryzen 5000 right now. Although if you go with B450 instead of B550 you lose out on a few features you may want, PCIe4 bandwidth for your graphics and SSD, as well as Smart Acess Memory support

SPEC LIST:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X w/ NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm Liquid Cooler
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) 5000MHz CL18
  • Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Godlike
  • SSD: Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 1TB (x3)
  • PSU: Corsair AX1600i
  • Case: NZXT H710
  • Monitor: Alienware AW2521H 25inch 360Hz 1ms

So a motherboard with the chipset b450 is enough and it does not matter how expensive the board will cost? like asus tuf gaming b450 plus or asus prime b450 a or asus rog strix b450 f gaming II?

3 minutes ago, pahul91 said:

So a motherboard with the chipset b450 is enough and it does not matter how expensive the board will cost? like asus tuf gaming b450 plus or asus prime b450 a or asus rog strix b450 f gaming II?

Well it does matter how good the Board itself is... I will spend a little extra to ensure said Board doesn't Die on me a Year or less later.

My first build the Deer PSU that come w/ Case went belly up during the first the Year. Replaced with Antec 450w PSU from Best Buy... I also replaced the Socket A Duron 700Hhz w/ a Athlon T-Bird 1.4 MHz before that happen.

The second BioStar Board die I had on me as well...

4 hours ago, pahul91 said:

Just want to buy a ryzen 3 3100 cpu and what motherboard should I buy for a middle class gaming pc? 

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
Motherboard ASRock B550M Steel Legend Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $109.99 @ Newegg
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $129.99
  Mail-in rebates -$20.00
  Total $109.99
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-01-07 18:37 EST-0500  

this board makes sense if it fits the budget, has vrm heatsinks on i/o side and the top, and has rgb on it if thats your thing, of course lights should be able to be disabled, but some people say they don't like the asrock rgb control system

3 hours ago, pahul91 said:

1. no chipset means nothing

2. i doubt any of those boards have the proper bios, you would need to update it yourself

3. Check to see the heatsinks on the boards, what you want to look for is vrm heatsinks usually to the left and top of the socket. on some boards that have ram slots on both sides, vrms at the top only is fine, and even one vrm heatsink is better than a board with none

small other questions, for the ryzen 3 3100 better 3200 mhz ram or 3000 or more/less?

6 hours ago, pahul91 said:

small other questions, for the ryzen 3 3100 better 3200 mhz ram or 3000 or more/less?

I built a secondary system recently and paired a 3100 with a MSI Mortar B450m and Corsair LPX 3200mhz. Runs really well with a nice stable 4.2Ghz all core OC on the CPU. The only non-stock part I have is I upgraded to the Wraith Prism cooler I got from a friend.

EDIT - I understand 3600mhz ram is the go to for Ryzen 3000 series, however I don't really think you'll notice any real world difference between 3000/3200/3600 if I'm honest.

B450 is good and cheap and future upgradibility to Ryzen 5000 is also a pro of this chipset