What is Earth2.io ?

Hi there,

someone heard about this hole Earth2 thing going on? Dont understand the way how it works exactly but there are tons of people testing this out.
Maybe someone here tried it before?

Its on earth2.io

Regards
Niklas

Sounds like a concept for making money "from nothing". You can buy virtual tracts of land that will, at some point generate "virtual resources", that you can then trade with other players. You can also sell or trade those virtual plots of land. That seems to be about it.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Not going to lie, this post is sounding fishy as hell...

I am definitely not going to that website :P.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

22 minutes ago, martward said:

there is a reason i dont linked the site... just want to hear some Meanings about it.

27 minutes ago, martward said:

opened it for ya, it's fine

2 hours ago, DrDrummer said:

there is a reason i dont linked the site... just want to hear some Meanings about it.

There's not much meaning other than making money by selling virtual assets (unless you meant opinions?)

Create a virtual asset, make it a "limited supply" and you will find people willing to buy it. In a sense linking these assets to plots of land is ingenious, because it reinforces the notion that those assets are somehow restricted in number.

Now, add a promise that at some point those virtual tracts of land will start to (randomly selected?) generate "resources" to make it appear that some of them might become more valuable than others. You now have an economy based on virtual goods, where you profit from each transaction.

Ultimately it's a game where you can buy virtual assets in the hopes of maybe making a return on that investment by selling it to someone else at a higher price. If that server gets shut down or people lose interest, too bad you're now out of money and a holder of nothing.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Just now, Eigenvektor said:

There's not much meaning other than making money by selling virtual assets (unless you meant opinions?)

Create a virtual asset, make it a "limited supply" and you will find people willing to buy it. In a sense linking these assets to plots of land is ingenious, because it reinforces the notion that those assets are somehow restricted in number.

Now, add a promise that at some point those virtual tracts of land will start to (randomly selected?) generate "resources" to make it appear that some of them might become more valuable than others. You now have an economy based on virtual goods, where you profit from each transaction.

Ultimately it's a game where you can buy virtual assets in the hopes of maybe making a return on that investment by selling it to someone else at a higher price. If that server gets shut down or people lose interest, too bad you're now out of money and a holder of nothing.

basically gambling, and wall street, buy stocks, win or lose