Help with new Gaming/Streaming PC

Vulcaner

Budget (including currency): Around 3000$

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Cyberpunk 2077, ARK: Survival Evolved, retro games, 3D graphics and rendering (Cinema 4D, Blender, SketchUp, Zbrush)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

Now in my old PC I have these components:

HyperX Predator 16 GB DDR4 3333 MHz

AMD Ryzen 5 2600

Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Gaming 8G

Cooler Master MasterWatt 550W TUF edition

Case Zalman Z1 Neo

Classic SATA III SSD 512 GB and 2TB HDD

If anyone can tell me approximately sell value of this PC (It was just 2 years this January since I build it) I would be happy, my friend tell me that this setup is worth around 1000$ but I think it is overpriced.

In my new build that I'm going to realise in mid February to March (depends on components in stocks)

HyperX 32 GB kit DDR4 3600 MHz CL18 Fury black

AMD Ryzen 9 5900x

NOCTUA NH-D15

Asus ROG STRIX X570-F Gaming

GeForce RTX 3080 Ti

Seasonic Focus GX 850W Gold

Case Fractal Design Define S2 Blackout

Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB - M.2 SSD

and any casual 2TB or 4TB SATA III HDD

Hello, my goal is to build PC that I will use for gaming/streaming and doing 3D graphics sometimes (most of the time just creating models and then printing on 3D printer)

Can anybody help me with this build that I chose is good depending on my budget or if I can improve something or save some money with different components.

I don't need any RGB flashing components because my case will be under table so I'm focusing mainly on functionality.

Thanks for any help you can give me, this is going to be my second build so I want to make sure that it will be good :) And I appologize for my English mistakes aswell.

your current build is worth around $600. i bought a nearly new pc a year ago with a 2600x and a 1660 for £550.

as for your future build, looks good. to save some money, go for the b550 version of the board.

10 minutes ago, Vulcaner said:

Budget (including currency): Around 3000$

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Cyberpunk 2077, ARK: Survival Evolved, retro games, 3D graphics and rendering (Cinema 4D, Blender, SketchUp, Zbrush)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

Now in my old PC I have these components:

HyperX Predator 16 GB DDR4 3333 MHz

AMD Ryzen 5 2600

Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Gaming 8G

Cooler Master MasterWatt 550W TUF edition

Case Zalman Z1 Neo

Classic SATA III SSD 512 GB and 2TB HDD

If anyone can tell me approximately sell value of this PC (It was just 2 years this January since I build it) I would be happy, my friend tell me that this setup is worth around 1000$ but I think it is overpriced.

In my new build that I'm going to realise in mid February to March (depends on components in stocks)

AMD Ryzen 9 5900x

NOCTUA NH-D15

Asus ROG STRIX X570-F Gaming

GeForce RTX 3080 Ti

Seasonic Focus GX 850W Gold

Case Fractal Design Define S2 Blackout

Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB - M.2 SSD

and any casual 2TB or 4TB SATA III HDD

Hello, my goal is to build PC that I will use for gaming/streaming and doing 3D graphics sometimes (most of the time just creating models and then printing on 3D printer)

Can anybody help me with this build that I chose is good depending on my budget or if I can improve something or save some money with different components.

I don't need any RGB flashing components because my case will be under table so I'm focusing mainly on functionality.

Thanks for any help you can give me, this is going to be my second build so I want to make sure that it will be good :) And I appologize for my English mistakes aswell.

Looks like a pretty sweet build. I wish I could afford those components 😃 

The X570 probably is overkill though...a B550 will work just fine.

11 minutes ago, Vulcaner said:

Good build.

Try to get CL16 if it falls in your budget.

You can save a few bucks by not getting Samsung nvme and similar performance from other brands.

Potato Revamp

CPU: AMD 5900x || GPU: nVidia RTX 3080 || RAM: 32gb Trident Z Neo CL16 || Case: Fractal Torrent Compact || CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 || PSU: Corsair RM850 Gold || Storage: ADATA SX8200 Pro (1TB), 2x Samsung Evo 870 (2TB)

8 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

your current build is worth around $600. i bought a nearly new pc a year ago with a 2600x and a 1660 for £550.

as for your future build, looks good. to save some money, go for the b550 version of the board.

Thank you, that is more real sell price :) And for B550 you recomment Pro or Elite version? Or it doesn't matter?

7 minutes ago, steelo said:

Looks like a pretty sweet build. I wish I could afford those components 😃 

The X570 probably is overkill though...a B550 will work just fine.

Isn't X570 better for potencional future upgrade or they are similiar?

8 minutes ago, kewtz said:

Good build.

Try to get CL16 if it falls in your budget.

You can save a few bucks by not getting Samsung nvme and similar performance from other brands.

Isn't CL16 slower in terms of frequency than CL18?

1 minute ago, Vulcaner said:

Thank you, that is more real sell price :) And for B550 you recomment Pro or Elite version? Or it doesn't matter?

from msi's website:

"Some professionals may need even more power and extensibility than what the B550 platform can offer. For such professionals, MSI’s X570 motherboards are the ideal choice. If any of the following apply to you, the X570 platform is a better choice:

You use more than 4 USB 3.1 devices

You use more than 6 SATA devices

You use more than 3 Gen 4 M.2 SSDs"

So unless you need any of those, you're fine with b550.

I was talking b550 strix-f. but there are many other good b550 boards, like the tomahawk or the aorus pro.

Just now, Vulcaner said:

Isn't CL16 slower in terms of frequency than CL18?

i think he meant 3600cl16, which is faster than 3600cl18 in terms of latency.

9 minutes ago, Vulcaner said:

Not really. In my opinion they both have similar upgradeability. By the time you want to do a full upgrade, you'll probably change the MB anyways. I'm sure some others have different opinions though.

4 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

from msi's website:

"Some professionals may need even more power and extensibility than what the B550 platform can offer. For such professionals, MSI’s X570 motherboards are the ideal choice. If any of the following apply to you, the X570 platform is a better choice:

You use more than 4 USB 3.1 devices

You use more than 6 SATA devices

You use more than 3 Gen 4 M.2 SSDs"

So unless you need any of those, you're fine with b550.

I was talking b550 strix-f. but there are many other good b550 boards, like the tomahawk or the aorus pro.

Ok so I can work with B550 just fine, I don't need that much SATA or USB 3.1 ports. It will save me around 100$ thanks :)

3 minutes ago, steelo said:

Not really. In my opinion they both have similar upgradeability. By the time you want to do a full upgrade, you'll probably change the MB anyways. I'm sure some others have different opinions though.

I guess you are right B550 will be enough for me right now, thanks for help :)

1 minute ago, Vulcaner said:

X570 is generally better performance from your components but uses a bit more power, generates more heat.
A good quality B550 would be my choice

8 minutes ago, Vulcaner said:

You'll get about $300 for your 1070ti on ebay
You'll get about $150 for the cpu
maybe $70 for the ram
$50 for the motherboard
the other stuff is basically not worth selling.

11 minutes ago, Shabba said:

X570 is generally better performance from your components but uses a bit more power, generates more heat.
A good quality B550 would be my choice

You'll get about $300 for your 1070ti on ebay
You'll get about $150 for the cpu
maybe $70 for the ram
$50 for the motherboard
the other stuff is basically not worth selling.

I wonder how much I can get for my 1600af...I was one of the lucky ones to find it at $85. They go for $169 (new) on newegg right now. 🙄

I've been itching to upgrade to a Ryzen 5 3600. I'd love to get a R5 5600, but my b450 mb is pretty low-end and I believe a 3600 would be the limit of the crap VRM's.

8 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

i think he meant 3600cl16, which is faster than 3600cl18 in terms of latency.

Ah I will look into that, thank you.

1 hour ago, boggy77 said:

One more question, I heard that some motherboards have problem with Ryzen 5000 series due to BIOS update. Will B550 need BIOS upgrade with older CPU or can I use it with Ryzen 9 5900x without any problems?

12 minutes ago, Vulcaner said:

One more question, I heard that some motherboards have problem with Ryzen 5000 series due to BIOS update. Will B550 need BIOS upgrade with older CPU or can I use it with Ryzen 9 5900x without any problems?

get a board that has a bios flashback feature. that way, in case the board doesn't ship with the latest bios, you can update it with a usb without needing a cpu plugged in. 

and this is another reason to go for b550, as most of them have this feature, with fewer x570 boards having it.

9 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

get a board that has a bios flashback feature. that way, in case the board doesn't ship with the latest bios, you can update it with a usb without needing a cpu plugged in. 

and this is another reason to go for b550, as most of them have this feature, with fewer x570 boards having it.

That is great feature! Thank you for the tip.

Your current build is probably worth about £600-650

As for the new one. Looks great! Maybe go for a slightly cheaper NVMe Drive like an SN550, but that is up to you.

Also, maybe look for a CL16 ram kit instead if that fits in your budget

26 minutes ago, Avocheeseado said:

Your current build is probably worth about £600-650

As for the new one. Looks great! Maybe go for a slightly cheaper NVMe Drive like an SN550, but that is up to you.

Also, maybe look for a CL16 ram kit instead if that fits in your budget

In terms of RAMS do you know name of good ones? The ones that I can buy in my country are pretty badly jugged.

I can buy only these: G.SKILL 32GB KIT DDR4 3600MHz CL16 Trident Z RGB Neo for Ryzen 3000

54 minutes ago, Vulcaner said:

I can buy only these: G.SKILL 32GB KIT DDR4 3600MHz CL16 Trident Z RGB Neo for Ryzen 3000

How much are they going for??

10 minutes ago, Avocheeseado said:

How much are they going for??

This version is for 260$ but I'm not sure if they are only for Ryzen 3000 when they have it in the name.

Different shop has same RAMS without "for Ryzen 3000" in the name and it cost around 340$

Someone had problem that after boosting it more than 3266 MHz RAMS started causing fatal errors.

25 minutes ago, Vulcaner said:

This version is for 260$ but I'm not sure if they are only for Ryzen 3000 when they have it in the name.

Different shop has same RAMS without "for Ryzen 3000" in the name and it cost around 340$

Someone had problem that after boosting it more than 3266 MHz RAMS started causing fatal errors.

They are not for ryzen 3000 only. The cheapest 3600c16 kit will be fine.