Overclocking an AMD FX-6100 cpu on gigabyte ga-78lmt-s2p motherboard!

Hey guys, im wondering, whats the best overclock i can get on fx 6100 on gigabyte ga-78lmt-s2p motherboard? the cooler that i have is pretty good, on idle temps its like 18-19 degrees, on 100% usage all cores its like 43-44 degrees (celsius). Whats the best and most stable overclock that i can get on this cpu and motherboard where i can see the difference and do yall recommend overclocking?

16GB DDR4 Viper 4 Blackout 3200MHZ Ryzen 5 1500X AB350M-gaming3 GTX 1060 6gb Asus dual OC, 1TB hdd seagate 7200rpm, 120gb samsung m.2 ssd

Honestly, I would not try overclocking on that motherboard. It has pretty weak VRM with no cooling at all. I mean you can try raising your clocks on the stock voltage but thats about it.

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

1 minute ago, Mixzzz said:

Honestly, I would not try overclocking on that motherboard. It has pretty weak VRM with no cooling at all. I mean you can try raising your clocks on the stock voltage but thats about it.

Yeah, whats the best u can recommend?

16GB DDR4 Viper 4 Blackout 3200MHZ Ryzen 5 1500X AB350M-gaming3 GTX 1060 6gb Asus dual OC, 1TB hdd seagate 7200rpm, 120gb samsung m.2 ssd

3 minutes ago, Rujdaga said:

Honestly I don't know, I would probably start raising the cpu clock slowly, then stress test it for a short while and if its stable, then increase the clock.

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

9 minutes ago, Rujdaga said:

No one can tell you the best OC for your CPU, You could take 20 of the same CPU's and they'll likely all overclock differently to each other. Just do as @Mixzzz said, keep the voltages stock and raise the core clock slowly, running a stress test after each increase, until it becomes unstable. 

6 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

No one can tell you the best OC for your CPU, You could take 20 of the same CPU's and they'll likely all overclock differently to each other. Just do as @Mixzzz said, keep the voltages stock and raise the core clock slowly, running a stress test after each increase, until it becomes unstable. 

Is cpuz stress good for that?

1 hour ago, Mixzzz said:

Honestly I don't know, I would probably start raising the cpu clock slowly, then stress test it for a short while and if its stable, then increase the clock.

Whats the best way to check if the oc is stable? For now im on 3.7ghz cuz 3.8 crashed

29 minutes ago, Rujdaga said:

Whats the best way to check if the oc is stable? For now im on 3.7ghz cuz 3.8 crashed

personally I use OCCT

• 1 year later...
On 1/4/2021 at 6:22 AM, Rujdaga said:

Hey guys, im wondering, whats the best overclock i can get on fx 6100 on gigabyte ga-78lmt-s2p motherboard? the cooler that i have is pretty good, on idle temps its like 18-19 degrees, on 100% usage all cores its like 43-44 degrees (celsius). Whats the best and most stable overclock that i can get on this cpu and motherboard where i can see the difference and do yall recommend overclocking?

You could at least try if you have a good airflow. I got the same motherboard and cpu, did a slight overclock from 3,3Ghz to 3,7 Ghz stable without changing voltages and with the stock cooler. Only got problems when i raised it to 3,8 Ghz but i think that it is because im using a not graded psu that costed like 20 bucks.

Then changed the cooler to a Hyper T4, it does not sends a good airflow to the vrms but i still don't have any problem with them, so it's up to you. Also keep in mind that the highest clock possible to the fx-6100 is 3,9 Ghz

1 hour ago, F8Rodan said:

You could at least try if you have a good airflow. I got the same motherboard and cpu, did a slight overclock from 3,3Ghz to 3,7 Ghz stable without changing voltages and with the stock cooler. Only got problems when i raised it to 3,8 Ghz but i think that it is because im using a not graded psu that costed like 20 bucks.

Then changed the cooler to a Hyper T4, it does not sends a good airflow to the vrms but i still don't have any problem with them, so it's up to you. Also keep in mind that the highest clock possible to the fx-6100 is 3,9 Ghz

Nice thread necro - I seriously doubt it's an issue of any kind by now.
This one probrably just needs to be locked so it stays in the grave.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.