Does the clock speed on the memory have to be the same as on the CPU?

Go to solution Solved by Godlygamer23,

Yeah, it'll work. The clock speed of memory and the CPU are irrelevant to each other. 

Hi guys,

I am building my first pc and my 2 component just came in (the ram). But when I opened the amazon package I saw that on the Vengeance package (picture included) stood that it supported intel core wich scared me a bit since I have orderd a Ryzen 3 3300X20210102_193941.thumb.jpg.80e8cc05958816c2ba12958972cc927f.jpg with it... Do you guys know if this combination will work?

Regards, a fellow linus-vi20210102_193318.thumb.jpg.a99640dff8bed9eb67e6ea6e86bc9574.jpgewer 

Yeah, it'll work. The clock speed of memory and the CPU are irrelevant to each other. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

5 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Ok tnx

Not sure, but think that it's fully optimized for intel's setting for XMP profile?

That you have to tweak less with the settings in BIOS?

Else, so long they have the same dimm (like DIMM number and not SODIMM being laptop RAM) and the motherboard supports those speeds, it should all be fine and being DDR4 for both.

5 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

Not sure, but think that it's fully optimized for intel's setting for XMP profile?

That you have to tweak less with the settings in BIOS?

Else, so long they have the same dimm (like DIMM number and not SODIMM being laptop RAM) and the motherboard supports those speeds, it should all be fine and being DDR4 for both.

It does utilize an XMP profile for increasing the memory speed to what it's advertised to run at, which does work on AMD Ryzen builds.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

3 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

It does utilize an XMP profile for increasing the memory speed to what it's advertised to run at, which does work on AMD Ryzen builds.

so it's just marketing then, with that support sticker?

Just now, Quackers101 said:

so it's just marketing then, with that support sticker?

Yeah, possibly because of the larger market share of Intel CPUs versus AMD. I have Vengeance LPX memory installed in my build with a Ryzen 2600X, looks like the same configuration as the OP(clock speed and capacity), and the motherboard was able to utilize the profile.