2133mhz installed can only use 1333mhz

I've recently built my first computer (it's installing windows the second i'm typing this) and my RAM corsiar vengeance pro 2x4gb 2133mhz, on the BIOS says it's only 1333mhz? does this normally happen? or is my computer screwed up? (the box even says 2133mhz) 

Thanks in advance.

I've recently built my first computer (it's installing windows the second i'm typing this) and my RAM corsiar vengeance pro 2x4gb 2133mhz, on the BIOS says it's only 1333mhz? does this normally happen? or is my computer screwed up? (the box even says 2133mhz) 

Thanks in advance.

Enable XMP in the BIOS and set RAM to profile 1.

Thanks in advance.

Set your ram frequency to 2133 mhz.

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Are you using a Gigabyte motherboard?

If yes, i had the same problem with mine. Just turned on the XMP profile

Do as the above people have posted to change speed.

What CPU?, what Mobo?, are you aware you CPU's IMC might not handle 2133Mhz. you might only be able to get 1866Mhz?

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Almost all motherboards nowadays will set the RAM to a much lower speed to ensure the PC will boot.

You have to manually change the RAM speed in the BIOS/UEFI. Hit delete or a specific F key when the PC boots up.

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

Almost all motherboards nowadays will set the RAM to a much lower speed to ensure the PC will boot.

You have to manually change the RAM speed in the BIOS/UEFI. Hit delete or a specific F key when the PC boots up.

AFAIK, all motherboard's BIOS/UEFI will use JEDEC supported speed and timing as per written inside the SPD that the BIOS/UEFI read when booting by default. That's why there's XMP Profiles.

Gadgets: Lenovo Y580 (Nostromo, Naga Epic, Hydra, TrackIr5), Surface Pro 3 (i3), Lumia 930, PSVita

Rig: i7-4770K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Asus Strix GTX970, MSI Z87-GD65, Asus Xonar DGX, CMStorm Scout II, CM Seidon 240M, BlackWidow Ultimate, Naga Epic, Goliathus Extended Control, TrackIr5, Sennheiser HD205, Audio-Technica ATR2500, Edifier speaker, Logitech G940, Logitech G27, Logitech F710, Dell S2340L, Philips 200VL, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, DXRacer FA01N

AFAIK, all motherboard's BIOS/UEFI will use JEDEC supported speed and timing as per written inside the SPD that the BIOS/UEFI read when booting by default. That's why there's XMP Profiles.

Oké, I only knew that almost all motherboards did this and with the last... 7 boards I used/build with. This was the case. But thanks for this information!

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

you have enter the bios and set it at 2133mhz and apply changes