5900x Idle temps?

Im running around 45/55 Celsius on idle with my 5900x, and 82 degrees on a all core stress test with a 360mm aio and auto oc enabled? Is this right? 

What are your temps and scores on cinebench? 

7 minutes ago, FarmerGiles97 said:

Im running around 45/55 Celsius on idle with my 5900x, and 82 degrees on a all core stress test with a 360mm aio and auto oc enabled? Is this right? 

What are your temps and scores on cinebench? 

Depends on what auto oc does in your case. A bit high for my taste with a 360 mm AIO. How far does the auto oc push your cpu? Generally speaking those temps for the cpu. Still, anything above 80 C on water would have my worried long term. 

Your idle temp seems fine, but the load temp seems a bit high for a 360mm, but its considered safe

I would say the higher than expected temp is the auto OC pushing your CPU harder since there's still thermal headroom

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

36 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

Depends on what auto oc does in your case. A bit high for my taste with a 360 mm AIO. How far does the auto oc push your cpu? Generally speaking those temps for the cpu. Still, anything above 80 C on water would have my worried long term. 

25 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Your idle temp seems fine, but the load temp seems a bit high for a 360mm, but its considered safe

I would say the higher than expected temp is the auto OC pushing your CPU harder since there's still thermal headroom

When auto oc isnt on i get max temps of 72 Celsius !

4 minutes ago, FarmerGiles97 said:

When auto oc isnt on i get max temps of 72 Celsius !

That's what auto OC does, it cranks up voltage and frequency until there's no more headroom to tune up

Sounds like it's operating as it should, especially if you're getting 72c on stock settings

Just now, Moonzy said:

That's what auto OC does, it cranks up voltage and frequency until there's no more headroom to tune up

Sounds like it's operating as it should, especially if you're getting 72c on stock settings

Thank you :) I posted a screenshot of all the monitoring software while cinebench r23 is running on multi core! 

13 minutes ago, FarmerGiles97 said:

Thank you :) I posted a screenshot of all the monitoring software while cinebench r23 is running on multi core! 

Looks normal to me, 4.4 at 81c is nice

Looks pretty fine to me considering the voltage is 1.4V, at least according to the monitoring software you took a screenshot of. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Update: I think the monitoring software is reading the temperature of certain cores, as the temps are different in ryzen master by about 10 degrees. cpu is idling at 40

you also have to consider as well, if this is your first high core cpu, your running more chips in a small area which is naturally gonna have higher idle temps and higher load temps than an 8 core or 6 core.