Best 1 - 2 TB Portable USB 3.0 HDD?

I'm looking for a 1 - 2 tb Portable usb 3.0 HDD, preferably small and slim. Do you have any suggestions?

I've looked into the WD Portable Slim: http://www.amazon.com/Passport-Portable-External-Backup-WDBGMT0010BAL-NESN/dp/B00EO302SO .

Also: http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Canvio-Portable-Hard-Drive/dp/B005J7YA3W

And Seagate options like: http://www.seagate.com/external-hard-drives/portable-hard-drives/standard/expansion-portable/ 

edit: Forgot to mention that i need the HDD to work with both MAC and PC !

I'm a massive fan of WD so... I would go with anything from them, but that's just me.

You could like get two 1TB external hdd 2.5" and velcro them together? or buy a 3.5" 2TB and bring a super robust case for it

But seriously 1TB will do you fine

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

On 3/18/2014 at 9:53 AM, Intervalence said:

I'm a massive fan of WD so... I would go with anything from them, but that's just me.

Wd seems to have gained traction

On 3/18/2014 at 9:55 AM, wng_kingsley7 said:

You could like get two 1TB external hdd 2.5" and velcro them together? or buy a 3.5" 2TB and bring a super robust case for it

But seriously 1TB will do you fine

I'm a film editor, the space will be needed

Yeah! WD has gained lots of reputation lately!  Throughout the years i've mostly relied on seagate, might be time to make the switch!

I do film so i need that space! 64GB of film a day will add up after sometime! But yeah, 1 TB will get me a good way! I like the ghetto suggestion quite a bit, but one drive of 2 tb is more space efficent than 2x 1TB's :D  :)

What about a portable SSD? Since you are working with such large amounts of video, you could even work off of the drive at acceptable speeds rather than having to offload the data all the time! I remember @LinusTech talking about that a while ago.

On 3/18/2014 at 10:40 AM, Intervalence said:

What about a portable SSD? Since you are working with such large amounts of video, you could even work off of the drive at acceptable speeds rather than having to offload the data all the time! I remember @LinusTech talking about that a while ago.

The only thing is that expense will skyrocket :)

Yeah! The only thing is that expense will skyrocket :)

I aint got all that doe to spend on it!

Almost $200 for 128gb :P