Arctic coolers aftermarket coolers getting updated.

brownninja97

56c.jpg

So the general issue thats going on currently is that there isnt support for the modern cards, as a result the mounting system will be getting updated, furthermore the amount of heatsinks and thermal pads are being increased  due to modern cards having more memory(there is a heatsink for the pcb so both sides need to be cooled.

The instructions shall be more clear.(a massive issue with this cooler for people previously).

56b.jpg

Their hybrid cooler is getting overhauled, before it had some horrid 80mm fan, now its a 120mm fan with comes with a rad and a heatsink, before it was just a bracket with a small heatsink and no rad, of course the price will increase so they can make money.

List of new cards supported:

All GK110 cards

All GK104 cards

All GK106 cards

All GM107(only with the dual or single fan)

All Tahiti cards

All Hawaii cards

All pitcairn and curacao cards

the 7870 xt

56a.jpg

http://www.techpowerup.com/198939/arctic-announces-four-new-universal-graphics-card-coolers.html

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

just wondering but has anyone on LTT ever used one of these?

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Im not sure, maybe a while back, last time they updated it was for the gtx 500 series.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Im not sure, maybe a while back, last time they updated it was for the gtx 500 series.

nono any of the arctic coolers, the only time id ever see you needing one is if the fines died or you god a bad reference still then id recommend a g10  

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

nono any of the arctic coolers, the only time id ever see you needing one is if the fines died or you god a bad reference still then id recommend a g10  

not everyone likes rads. Arctic had a hybrid way before nzxt but they did a nvidia and never told anyone about it so barely anyone got it due to no one hearing about it.

Listen if you care.

Well, with new maxwell card being so efficient, i doubt we will need them. And nvidia has great coolers anyway.

Wonder what amd cards will bring to the table.

People who bought reference 290 or 290x bought arctic accelero or g10 :D

So ugly man >_<

some people especially noctua fans LINUS, dont care about appearance.

Listen if you care.

some people especially noctua fans LINUS, dont care about appearance.

I'm not Linus :P I guess they aren't bad the second image you posted due to the cooler using a single rad + the heat sink for passive aircooling.

The first is bulky >_> and the third picture is a monstrosity the size of that cooler is a crazy width like the new 780Ti/290X Matrix Platinum which is like 6-7inches

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

I've got a twin turbo ii on my 670 and with a full oc and considerable voltage bump it never ran above 62 degrees C. It did all of this while running completely silent. Wow.

I've got a twin turbo ii on my 670 and with a full oc and considerable voltage bump it never ran above 62 degrees C. It did all of this while running completely silent. Wow.

I've got a reference 670 with an Accelero Mono Plus. The difference over the stock cooler was phenomenal. It was meant to be a temp fix till I got round to water cooling, but I never did, cause the temps and noise levels were so good.

Yeah, the coolers are big but really powerful.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Well, with new maxwell card being so efficient, i doubt we will need them. And nvidia has great coolers anyway.

Wonder what amd cards will bring to the table.

People who bought reference 290 or 290x bought arctic accelero or g10 :D

On the contrary with Maxwell cards being so efficient we might be able to push to massive numbers with one of these, I'd be exiting at being able to drive 4k gaming by water cooling some maxwell cards in the (hopefully near) future

-------

Current Rig

-------

On the contrary with Maxwell cards being so efficient we might be able to push to massive numbers with one of these, I'd be exiting at being able to drive 4k gaming by water cooling some maxwell cards in the (hopefully near) future

yea, 1400+ mhz 880 :o

even retail cards are clocked sky high allready

Well it's been a while

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

So ugly man >_<

Do you look at the innards of your PC or your monitor?