Are these types of filter really good at preventing dust inside the case?

Frandesktop

I thought about getting a few of these for my case (I live in a very dusty environment):

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000808484145.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.78d220f5iX9rG3&algo_pvid=351b1dbf-125c-46a0-968f-f8348648a415&algo_expid=351b1dbf-125c-46a0-968f-f8348648a415-2&btsid=2100bdf116093520988543811eab8d&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

I'm just not sure if they are good, the holes seem quite big so I'm not sure how much dust they can really prevent?

Any other suggestions if these aren't good? I was told about stockings but maybe there's something better that can be purchased like the one above?

Thanks

5 hours ago, Frandesktop said:

I thought about getting a few of these for my case (I live in a very dusty environment):

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000808484145.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.78d220f5iX9rG3&algo_pvid=351b1dbf-125c-46a0-968f-f8348648a415&algo_expid=351b1dbf-125c-46a0-968f-f8348648a415-2&btsid=2100bdf116093520988543811eab8d&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

I'm just not sure if they are good, the holes seem quite big so I'm not sure how much dust they can really prevent?

Any other suggestions if these aren't good? I was told about stockings but maybe there's something better that can be purchased like the one above?

Thanks

panty hose spandex is cheap and its cloth so the fibers will help catch the dust but you will need a way of mounting it. there are thin mesh that sould give good air flow and catch some dust. thows will catch dust at the same time block air flow so its up to you.

its a fine line form some dust vs air flow. all dust filters will let in dust at some point besides holes in the side of the case will also let in dust anyway. positive air flow is recommended.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

10 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

panty hose spandex is cheap and its cloth so the fibers will help catch the dust but you will need a way of mounting it. there are thin mesh that sould give good air flow and catch some dust. thows will catch dust at the same time block air flow so its up to you.

its a fine line form some dust vs air flow. all dust filters will let in dust at some point besides holes in the side of the case will also let in dust anyway. positive air flow is recommended.

exactly why I didn't want to use pantyhose at first. But you're saying this type of fine mesh is enough to catch dust for at least longer? I mean I opened the case after 2 weeks and it

was already full of dust! I mean not just easy to clean dust but dust that already got stuck and I had to use brush🥶

How about the filters that's inside air conditioners? They seem quite good at blocking dust, and also very robust so you can handle them without worrying about breaking. Wonder what's they called in English so I can look it up?

20 hours ago, Frandesktop said:

Thanks

Those are mediocre, since the perforated mesh has pretty large holes. You would be better with a very fine mesh filter like the ones from SIlverstone or Demciflex. 

Using dust filter fabric as you mentioned will work and is used in production applications but isn't exactly the most ideal since they do add a fair bit of flow restriction. Your best thing is to try to move the PC off the ground if it's capturing a lot of dust/debris. 

5 hours ago, Frandesktop said:

exactly why I didn't want to use pantyhose at first. But you're saying this type of fine mesh is enough to catch dust for at least longer? I mean I opened the case after 2 weeks and it

was already full of dust! I mean not just easy to clean dust but dust that already got stuck and I had to use brush🥶

How about the filters that's inside air conditioners? They seem quite good at blocking dust, and also very robust so you can handle them without worrying about breaking. Wonder what's they called in English so I can look it up?

buy this then

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links