Is it possible to create ISO of GTA V download from Epic Games?

Frandesktop

Hello,

I am currently downloading GTA V from Epic Games (They had it for free) and it is downloading very slowly.

I wonder if it's possible to back it up because I need to change SSDs soon 

Is it some simple procedure of copy-paste sort of thing? OR it's more complicated? Or that's not even possible?

Thanks

You can copy and paste, but epic is weird. When you reisntall epic, you will have to download the game about 1%, and then paste everything into that new download folder, except keeping the egstore folder as the new one.

https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/epic-games-store-c73/launcher-support-c82/can-the-epic-games-launcher-detect-previously-installed-games-a3820?sessionInvalidated=true

Chicago Bears fan, Bear Down

1 hour ago, Frandesktop said:

Hello,

I am currently downloading GTA V from Epic Games (They had it for free) and it is downloading very slowly.

I wonder if it's possible to back it up because I need to change SSDs soon 

Is it some simple procedure of copy-paste sort of thing? OR it's more complicated? Or that's not even possible?

Thanks

How did they have it "for free"?

1 hour ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Epic Store gives away a couple of free games every week. GTAV was one of them a while ago, some point back in like June/July if memory serves. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Thanks everyone

3 hours ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

1 hour ago, Middcore said:

Epic Store gives away a couple of free games every week. GTAV was one of them a while ago, some point back in like June/July if memory serves. 

Yes correct they had it for free a few months ago I guess to promote epic games and I registered with them to get it. I didn't have a working PC until now though to give it a try

15 hours ago, Middcore said:

Yes, I know they give away free games, but the OP effectively stated he had just grabbed GTA5 for free on the Epic store - which I knew to be impossible, hence my confusion. 

He says "I am currently downloading GTA V from Epic game (they had it for free) and it is downloading very slowly".

Do you see why I was a bit confused?

13 hours ago, Frandesktop said:

Thanks everyone

Yes correct they had it for free a few months ago I guess to promote epic games and I registered with them to get it. I didn't have a working PC until now though to give it a try

Fair enough, I just got my hopes up that they had suddenly decided to give it away again.

I even rushed over there as soon as i read your thread...lol.

2 hours ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Fair enough, I just got my hopes up that they had suddenly decided to give it away again.

I even rushed over there as soon as i read your thread...lol.

haha yes it's confusing I should've explained it better at the beginning, but, hey maybe they'll do it again one day

2 hours ago, Frandesktop said:

haha yes it's confusing I should've explained it better at the beginning, but, hey maybe they'll do it again one day

Hope so, though I have read that they rarely repeat their giveaways.

Shame, as they've given away some quality stuff this past year - which is why their Christmas freebies were a bit disappointing by comparison.

Still, I guess free stuff is free stuff so can't complain. 

7 minutes ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Hope so, though I have read that they rarely repeat their giveaways.

Shame, as they've given away some quality stuff this past year - which is why their Christmas freebies were a bit disappointing by comparison.

Still, I guess free stuff is free stuff so can't complain. 

steam has GTA V for half the price now if that helps 😅