removing a intel cpu

SOLVED ALL THE COMMENTS BELLOW ANSWERED IT 

ok so i might be switching out a duel core 1155 cpu in my dads pc for a quad core soon (thinking a 3570) but the only issue is that i have never removed a cpu from a motherboard. could anyone link me to a guide on how to without damaging the motherboard pins or the cpu?

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

You know how to put a CPU in? Do it backwards..

Lift up the retention arm, open the bracket, and pick up the CPU.. Be very gentle, and you'll be fine.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

Basically reverse what you did when you put it in. Don't apply downwards pressure when taking out the cpu.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

ok so i might be switching out a duel core 1155 cpu in my dads pc for a quad core soon (thinking a 3570) but the only issue is that i have never removed a cpu from a motherboard. could anyone link me to a guide on how to without damaging the motherboard pins or the cpu?

Unlatch the lever and remove the CPU straight out?

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K Motherboard ASUS Saberthooth Z97 Mark1 RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 2133MHZ GPU 2 X MSI GeForce GTX GTX 980TI GAMING 6G SLI Case Phantex Enthoo Evolv ATX Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB / Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB PSU Corsair RM1000i Display Asus 4K PB287Q Cooling Noctua NF-A14 FLX & NF-F12 PWM /Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm Keyboard Corsair K70 Mouse ROCCAT Kone XTD Sound Card Asus Xonar STX

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Well take the heatsink off and take out the chip. However don't forget to clean the thermal paste off if you ever plan to reuse it for anything. 

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

You know how to put a CPU in? Do it backwards..

Lift up the retention arm, open the bracket, and pick up the CPU.. Be very gentle, and you'll be fine.

Basically reverse what you did when you put it in. Don't apply downwards pressure when taking out the cpu.

Unlatch the lever and remove the CPU straight out?

It is actually very similar to putting it in: just carefully lifting it up. Skip to 2:40

Well take the heatsink off and take out the chip. However don't forget to clean the thermal paste off if you ever plan to reuse it for anything. 

ok thanks guys just didnt seem like it would be so simple

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

ok thanks guys just didnt seem like it would be so simple

Oh well actually I think we forgot to mention you will have to unplug everything from your mobo, remove your PSU, take it outside of your house, wait six days for the corrosion to build inside, then draw tribal symbols on the ground and sacrifice your sister to the computer gods, then take the PSU that is now infused with the spirits of your ancestors then plug everything back in and take the CPU out normally.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Oh well actually I think we forgot to mention you will have to unplug everything from your mobo, remove your PSU, take it outside of your house, wait six days for the corrosion to build inside, then draw tribal symbols on the ground and sacrifice your sister to the computer gods, then take the PSU that is now infused with the spirits of your ancestors then plug everything back in and take the CPU out normally.

You're doing it all wrong! You have to sacrifice your mother, not your sister!