A Threat Actor is selling a Database of the Italian mobile service provider ho. (http://ho-mobile.it) owned by @VodafoneIT

Lii

Summary

The dump allegedly includes 2,500,000 customers' PII Data, Phone Numbers & ICCID that can be exploited for SIM swap attacks to empty Bank accounts;

Here an example of the stolen data: - email - fiscal Code - phone Number - sim Iccid - address - city Here the full list: https://pastebin.com/PPdr45Y1

Quotes

The dump allegedly includes 2,500,000 customers' PII Data, Phone Numbers & ICCID that can be exploited for SIM swap attacks to empty Bank accounts;

Here an example of the stolen data: - email - fiscal Code - phone Number - sim Iccid - address - city Here the full list: https://pastebin.com/PPdr45Y1

My thoughts 

By a quick search, I wasn't able to find the forum, even thought I think that I've already seen the design of it, but it doesn't really matter since they are all alike;

and also I need to change isp (the internet sucks too);

futhermore all of those leaks (if they are proved to be trusty), risk to become public, it usually takes a couple of weeks after the sale of it.. so..

Sources

https://twitter.com/Bank_Security/status/1343646616490815493?s=20

Vodafone the worst mobile carrier I've ever dealt with.

Pure crooks

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 hour ago, suicidalfranco said:

Vodafone the worst mobile carrier I've ever dealt with.

Pure crooks

And they are still better than our main ISP Telstra...

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

While ho. mobile is a subsidiary of Vodafone that doesn't mean that they're the same. ho. mobile is owned by and uses Vodafone's infrastructure to provide their own service, but they operate independently to each other as separate carriers in the same country similarly to how Voxi operates under Vodafone in UK but works as a separate carrier so I can't just go to a Vodafone store and ask them for help with my Voxi account, or for that matter make one. Say fuck Vodafone all you want but they're not the issue here to my knowledge since a ho. mobile account database is being sold and not a Vodafone one, it's pretty clear that they do not share the same type or level of security, or the databases run separately to one another and someone working at VEI dumped these 2.5 million accounts.

Ho mobile huh? Would a stationary ho be a cathouse? 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I remember I came real close to getting a ho. mobile SIM but ended up with Vodafone proper in the end. I guess discount prices also mean discount security measures. Do we know if Vodafone proper users have been affected?