PC does not see windows ssd after installing m.2 ssd.

tjbs
Go to solution Solved by tjbs,
15 minutes ago, Dujith said:

Depending on the m2 (sata) it could disable a SATA port. You can find that in the user manual of your motherboard.

From what is happening i'm 99.9% sure its that.

What is the model of your m2 ssd?

The box says V-NAND SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2

To be clear. I have an 160Gb ssd that I want to keep as my boot option. But after I installed a m.2 ssd it wont boot in windows. 

The option to boot on the ssd is gone in my boot settings. 

The motherboard is called: msi motherboard b450 gaming plus

Someone know how to fix this problem? 

(Sorry for my bad English here and there)

what ssd is your windows located on? and what ssd do you have as the priority boot option in the bios?

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

2 minutes ago, flashiling said:

what ssd is your windows located on? and what ssd do you have as the priority boot option in the bios?

My windows is on my 160Gb ssd and it is my priority boot option.

Depending on the m2 (sata) it could disable a SATA port. You can find that in the user manual of your motherboard.

15 minutes ago, Dujith said:

19 minutes ago, Dujith said:

RTFM

* SATA5 and SATA6 ports will be unavailable when installing a M.2 device in M.2 slot. 

18 minutes ago, tjbs said:

as mentioned above, it seems plausible that you've connected them to sata 5 or 6.

since you have the exact same board and m.2 as i have i know it can work

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

23 minutes ago, flashiling said:

as mentioned above, it seems plausible that you've connected them to sata 5 or 6.

since you have the exact same board and m.2 as i have i know it can work

So what am I supposed to do now? Can I just change the wireing and change the SATA ports?

First thing to check is do you see the 160GB SSD in the BIOS at all? If you don't, then, as has already pointed out by the others, check if perhaps your SATA ports in which you have connected the SSD with the Windows are getting disabled because they share bandwidth with the M.2 slot. 

I am assuming that you are running Windows 10. If this correct, the priority boot options shouldn't be a SSD/HDD, but rather - something called "Windows Boot Manager." See if you have this option and make it the primary boot option. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

1 minute ago, tjbs said:

So what am I supposed to do now? Can I just change the wireing and change the SATA ports?

yes, try swapping it so the windows ssd isn't in sata 5 or 6

16 minutes ago, flashiling said:

yes, try swapping it so the windows ssd isn't in sata 5 or 6

It worked thanks!