Witcher 3 XBox One X looks like garbage!

Plermpel
Go to solution Solved by Ultra_Kaiju,

your Dad needs a 4k tv. 

Not sure there's a point to hooking a 4k console up to a 1080p television tbh. You're leaving a lot of the benefits of the nicer console system behind because the tv cant show it. 

Hello,

Is there anyway to make Witcher III look better one the One X, bought it my father for christmas, the game still looks stunning in 4k on my PC. He is playing on a 1080p TV so it doesn't change anything to set the game to 4k mode.

But this is absolutly unaccaptable, the game might even look better on his 12 year old Office PC...

Can't I just force the console to render higher resolution or does he need to get a 4k TV now?

7 hours ago, Plermpel said:

Hello,

Is there anyway to make Witcher III look better one the One X, bought it my father for christmas, the game still looks stunning in 4k on my PC. He is playing on a 1080p TV so it doesn't change anything to set the game to 4k mode.

But this is absolutly unaccaptable, the game might even look better on his 12 year old Office PC...

Can't I just force the console to render higher resolution or does he need to get a 4k TV now?

Well it will look better on 4k tv for sure,but console have its limitations.

If you are seeing much more difference between your game and this video then it must be tv

No I allready found out, that's just what that game looks on an XBox One X...

Helps a little to set display settings on the XBox to 1440p even if the TV doesn't support it.

20 hours ago, Plermpel said:

No I allready found out, that's just what that game looks on an XBox One X...

Helps a little to set display settings on the XBox to 1440p even if the TV doesn't support it.

I played before with One X game on 1080p monitor,games looked okay,then i decided to hook it to my 4k tv and it was huge difference

your Dad needs a 4k tv. 

Not sure there's a point to hooking a 4k console up to a 1080p television tbh. You're leaving a lot of the benefits of the nicer console system behind because the tv cant show it.