PC takes long time to boot from ssd

Nicomyr04

I recently built a computer to use as an extra pc using used parts. The problem is that my pc use like 5 mins to boot. it sits at a black screen that says b2 in the bottom left corner. When its done there it takes 15 seconds and it boots to windows just fine. i am unable too enter the bios. Is this a hardware or software issue? Will clearing the cmos do anything? Should i donwload windows again?

Specs:

i7 2600

12gb ram 

gtx 960 

msi z68a-gd55 g3 

600w bronze psu 

9 minutes ago, Nicomyr04 said:

I recently built a computer to use as an extra pc using used parts. The problem is that my pc use like 5 mins to boot. it sits at a black screen that says b2 in the bottom left corner. When its done there it takes 15 seconds and it boots to windows just fine. i am unable too enter the bios. Is this a hardware or software issue? Will clearing the cmos do anything? Should i donwload windows again?

Found a similar problem - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/bios-startup-issue-b2.3449626/

Might be graphics card issue.

Also:

A lot of the "B2" bios slow down issues are sometimes attributed to the UEFI PCI ROM Priority setting in BIOS.

I edit my posts more often than not

ok thank you. will try another gpu after clearing the cmos.

I have now tried another gpu and it worked. anyone know if the gpu i have is failing and that it is a possibility of it breaking completly in the future. 

Re-installing windows never hurt anything... and if fixes 90% of the PC problems I've come across.... (could there be a quicker, easier solution? Sure... but re-installing windows does fix alot of problems...)

No Excuses, Play Like A Champion!!!  

hmmmmmm im so hungry

main pc : ryzen 5 2600, rtx 2060, 16gb 3200mhz ram, nzxt kraken x53, 550 watt psu, rog strix b450-f, 250 gb nvme, 500gb ssd, 2tb hdd, nzxt h500.

perhiperals: razer ornata, g502, coolermaster mp 750, bose headset (idk lol), 1 asus VG248QG, Asus VG245HE

laptop: i7-3740qm, 8gb ram, 240gb ssd, 1920x1200 screen.

secondary pc: i5 2500, gtx 1050ti, 8gb ram, 120gb ssd, 1tb hdd, 180 watt psu...., lenovo prebuilt case   

peripherals: razer deathstalker, g502 og edition, g430 headset, razer goliathus, dell prebuilt screen and old af samsung monitor.

media pc: i5 2400, gt 710, 120gb ssd (only storage since im using my brothers plex server only) 16gb ram, hp low profile prebuilt case.

peripherals: logitech k400 +, 43'' samsung tv