I can't post my pc. New Ryzen 7 5800x with MPG x570 gaming pro carbon. Red cpu debug light. Fans on max rpm.

So i just upgraded my pc from:

CPU: Intel Core i5 7600K
MotherBoard: MSI Z270-A PRO
to:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
MotherBoard: MSI MPG x570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi

When i finished building it and having plugged in my cables i was relieved and thought it would work when i would power it on. Well it doeesn't. Every component seems to work but im getting a red ez debug light on the cpu debug led. It wont post aswell. I have tried different memory slots and single channel, checked the gold pins, reseated my cpu and applied new thermal paste, checked all the cables and power cables. But its none of those things. Im completely clueless Im not a pc pro so please help me out! Thanks!

I am pretty sure you would have to update the bios on that motherboard for it to work. If you have a spare CPU to update the bios or ask at the shop you bought it if they can upgrade the bios on that motherboard.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

5 minutes ago, Prodigy_Smit said:

I am pretty sure you would have to update the bios on that motherboard for it to work. If you have a spare CPU to update the bios or ask at the shop you bought it if they can upgrade the bios on that motherboard.

I feel like there's going to be a lot of these complaints through the holidays from people that don't check manufacturer support pages and don't understand what a UEFI/BIOS is necessarily.

28 minutes ago, Prodigy_Smit said:

Four minutes from post to solution, you guys are badass. just saying.

That board does have a BIOS flash button, so you can update the BIOS without needing an older generation CPU. Check the manual for the exact procedure (and don't forget to unzip the BIOS file, I've totally made that "oops" once.)

Any time you're flashing firmware on a device, an interruption in the flash process can brick it, so try to do it in the safest way possible-- i.e. make sure you're plugged into a good secure power outlet where the cord won't fall out or get bumped, nobody in the house picks that moment to turn on Every Single Electrical Appliance and trip a breaker, etc. If you have an Uninterruptible Power Supply, this would be a good time to use it.

I've flashed a couple MSI boards like this, one additional caveat is that both times I had the computer fully assembled, and it did boot up on its own after the flash process was completed. So make sure the CPU cooler is installed, nothing's blocking the fans, that sort of thing

Thank you guys so much! I made it work again! I was thinking about flashing my bios but i needed confirmation. Thanks a lot you guys are amazing!😁

Hey guys
I'm facing the same issue but BIOS flashing is not solving it for me. I tried flashing latest stable and beta version of BIOS. I flashed it without any components plugged into the mobo  (only CPU power and ATX power) and it rebooted fine. I installed my components after the reboot and same result (red ez debug CPU LED). I also tried flashing BIOS with all my components installed (as suggested by folks on reddit), and this time my system rebooted but my BIOS Flash LED was solid red after reboot along with red debug CPU LED. I've also tried clearing my CMOS at multiple stages. I've tried various permutations of bios versions, components plugged in/out, CMOS clearing etc and no luck. I am all out of ideas and could really use some help! 

• 2 months later...

I am having the exact problem, did you manage to fix it.