H100i broke, Need new cooler. Any suggestions?

Go to solution Solved by Skiiwee29,

great thing about the H220 is that it can be expanded into a full custom style loop instead of the AIO that it is billed and shipped as.

So since I've rebuilt my rig three times from going from the HAF XM case to Cooler Master Stryker, to the Fractal R4, I've been screwing and unscrewing my H100i, changing the fans constantly. My H100i finally broke. I stripped all screw holes. Also, for some reason the blue led doesn't work on it. YES, I KNOW YOU HAVE TO UPDATE THE FIRMWARE AND SHIT! Corsair link is fully updated and I had to go into the registry and fix some stuff since I installed Windows 8.1 and link wasn't detecting my hardware. It also buzzes constantly, I've done some research, and the buzzing is from the stock fans. I had to ghetto mount the stock fans because of two reasons: 1. My cpu would overheat and kill when I played bf4 on fans that would go at certain rpms. 2. The only controllable pwm fans I have are the stock H100i fans. I just can't take it anymore, time for a new cooler. So any suggestions? I don't want to do a custom loop just yet. Maybe on another build. The rad also has to be at least as slim as the H100i. If you can see in the pics, my h100i barely fits with the stock fans on and touches the top of the RAM notches. Thanks guys...

PICS:

http://imgur.com/a/XYD1s

Hmm for a new cooler I'd suggest the Swiftech H220

http://products.ncix.com/detail/swiftech-h220-quiet-power-plug-and-play-4d-79583.htm

You might want to see if you can grab some static pressure fans for better cooling performance.

EDIT: changed link NewEgg was outta stock.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Cooler Master Eisburg Glacier 240L its a beast of a cooler.

h220 or NH-D14

If only the H220 was available in USA, and i don't want an air cooler, i don't like them and it would be too big in the Fractal R4 :/

Be quiet! Dark Rock 3 Pro it's amazing. And sexy. And quiet!

Pretty sexy cooler, but i don't want a air cooler, i don't like them, nor would it fit in my case. :/

Pretty sexy cooler, but i don't want a air cooler, i don't like them, nor would it fit in my case. :/

IMO AIO's suck. But since it does not fit your case it's ok. Then i recommend the H220. 

Go to shops, get bigger screws? That's what I sis for my koolance rad. Anyway, if you have room, and can find it fir a good price, get a Thermaltake Bigwater 760 Plus. I got one for 45$, and am using it with another 120mm Rad I bought to cool my 780. IT's a great expandable kit if you find it for cheep.

I'm done recommending non-expandable closed loops, because one day you might want to expand the loop, then the cooler is useless. so the Coolermaster glacier 240L or something? idk the expandable one :P 

If only the H220 was available in USA, and i don't want an air cooler, i don't like them and it would be too big in the Fractal R4 :/

the H220 is available at NCIX. I just ordered one last week and its due to be delivered tomorrow, and at 100 bucks, its a massive deal!

Link

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

the H220 is available at NCIX. I just ordered one last week and its due to be delivered tomorrow, and at 100 bucks, its a massive deal!

Link

Thanks boss! I was gonna finally break down and buy a custom loop, but i just might go with the H220. Final decision is next week!

great thing about the H220 is that it can be expanded into a full custom style loop instead of the AIO that it is billed and shipped as.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

The Dark Rock Pro 3 fits in the Define R4..

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.