Low FPS and massive frame drops on rtx 2060 laptop

I get really low fps in games like fortnite and cs go, I am barely able to get 60 fps in fortnite which keeps dropping to 10-20 fps while in game causing massive stutter and rendering the game unplayable. Other laptops with similiar or even less specs are easily able to push around 150-200 fps at medium-high settings in fortnite without any kind of overclocking.

Specs:

Intel Core i7-9750h

RTX 2060 16 GB DDR4 RAM(Single Channel)

Windows 10

I have tried a ton of fixes

-Updating BIOS

-Clean Windows 10 reinstall

-Changing power management settings in windows as well as nvidia control panel

-Undervolting/Underclocking/Overclocking

-Running this command(as administrator) "bcdedit /set useplatformclock false" and disabling hyperthreading did however significantly reduce overall stuttering it had little to no effect in games

-Identified DPC latency issues with latency mon and tried to fix them with a tool like Driver Booster 8, which did however reduce the latency the issue still perists -Completely deleted nvidia drivers with ddu in safe mode and reinstalled them

-Disabled Turbo Mode in cpu (for consistent performance and current limit throttling)

None of the above fixes seem to have worked, my game still stutters like crazy and frames keep dropping around the 10-20 range.

I cannot really return this and ask for a replacement, I bought it around June 2019 and had not really started gaming until recently and hence was unaware if the issue all this time. The warranty has expired

My temps while gaming:

-GPU : 84-88 degrees

-CPU : 92-97 degrees

-GPU clock : 1000-1200 mhz

-CPU clock : 2.7 GHz (Turbo Disabled)

at 97c your cpu will be throttling. I would very much look there as the issue. get some monitoring software and watch the cpus performance. poor cooling solution and or bad thermal paste would be a starting point

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

8 minutes ago, Badger906 said:

at 97c your cpu will be throttling. I would very much look there as the issue. get some monitoring software and watch the cpus performance. poor cooling solution and or bad thermal paste would be a starting point

It is a gaming notebook, should I try disabling bd prochot?

I was thinking of replacing thermal compound with liquid metal which would hopefully get my temps down by 15-20 degrees.

And yes I do monitor my cpu clock speeds they hover around 2.5.2.7 GHz

• 3 months later...
On 12/20/2020 at 1:06 PM, devesh2003 said:

This has been annoying me so much but has worked for me was simply creating a new power plan for high performance rather than using the default of Balanced. Just click the little battery icon and create a new one and crank it all up.

• 2 months later...

well i have an asus tuf rtx 2060 and i had frame drops.

i found out that every time i connected my xbox one bluetooth controller.

it was happening to most of my games.

so i connected my xbox controller to the pc and ran a game.

frame drops again.

in the game i took the battery out of the xbox controller and then reinserted the battery.

when i was in mouse and keyboard i had max framerates.

i connected the controller when in a game.

with the xbox controller reconnected when in a game i had max frame rates.

this worked for me.