Zen 3 Threadripper launch ?

I wonder why is there such a silence and no YT channel or PC website is asking AMD or trying to find some answers about it yet?

AMD also doesnt seem to bother even hinting on Zen 3 Threadripper CPUs 

I personally believe that with unified cache, AMD SAM and better IPC those CPUs are going to be a game changer litterally especially in X gamers 1CPU setups and workstations whos owners like to game on the side as well. 

Yet nobody cares searching upon in on google on yield a couple of old user posts here and there asking this without any answer/leak something on the horizon in general...

Why is that? do you believe that AMD doesnt care to put out new threadrippers and possibly discontinouing them?  I mean judging from the AM4 stock of Zen 3 maybe they cant produce a meaning quantity of dies  to make a threadripper lineup? 

If there's one thing we've learned (or at least I) over the years, it's that AMD talks about Threadripper when they're good and ready. It's relatively niche and there's already trouble spreading the highly binned stuff around in decent quantities.

You'll hear more in February or so. 

There's not enough capacity to make the regular Ryzens alone, yet advertise for threadripper , because of the consoles which are launching now before Christmas, along with new generation of video cards from both companies...

They're binning dies and keeping the best for EPYC processors, then next best thing is Threadripper (in theory) and then what's left of dies is Ryzen processors. 

So even if they made dies for a while, they probably stock the dies for EPYC processors, which give them more profit per unit being datacenter products. 

Also, why would AMD shoot themselves in the foot and kill the sales of existing threadripper products? They're expensive and who needs those buy them now... no point killing the profit from those at the moment. 

Just now, ragnarok0273 said:

Usually Threadripper comes after the regular chips.

Yes but there are announcements/hints/leaks before that and the absence of a tiniest bit of info on them worries me :P 

2 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Also, why would AMD shoot themselves in the foot and kill the sales of existing threadripper products? They're expensive and who needs those buy them now... no point killing the profit from those at the moment. 

Do I need to remind you of the XT liuneup? or that, following the same train of thought, why did they release zen 2 threadrippers? 

1 minute ago, papajo said:

Yes but there are announcements/hints/leaks before that and the absence of a tiniest bit of info on them worries me :P 

patience young padawan...

1 minute ago, papajo said:

“I can’t talk about unannounced products, but we’re committed to the Threadripper family. And so you could certainly expect that we’ll continue in the future to have products in that particular area. Absolutely.”

-Rick Bergman

elephants

They haven't even adressed the most important market yet, which is the $200 tier imo. So there's no way we'll see TR in the next few months i guess. But rest easy, it will happen. Just because AMD is on top for now, it doesn't mean they can slow down. Otherwise Intel will take that crown back immediately.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

22 minutes ago, papajo said:

X gamers 1CPU setups

that's a very important market /s

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

8 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

I wonder if they will manage to squeeze 128 cores onto a single chip.

If so, you know Linus is doing a 32 gamers 1 CPU challenge. 

Based on the specs of Milan, it's still going to top out at 64c/128t.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

59 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

I wonder if they will manage to squeeze 128 cores onto a single chip.

If so, you know Linus is doing a 32 gamers 1 CPU challenge. 

Given the massive failure the couple's PC was, I doubt it.

They had to use Intel in the end.

6 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

Given the massive failure the couple's PC was, I doubt it.

They had to use Intel in the end.

I seem to remember L1T mentioning that virtualization was getting slightly better on AMD?

But yeah, the issue remains.

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

4 minutes ago, FakeNSA said:

I seem to remember L1T mentioning that virtualization was getting slightly better on AMD?

But yeah, the issue remains.

Slightly better for someone of L1T skill does not translate well closer to mainstream content like LTT lol.

1 hour ago, Drama Lama said:

that's a very important market /s

much more important than you would  think this stuff is the future

1 hour ago, Den-Fi said:

Slightly better for someone of L1T skill does not translate well closer to mainstream content like LTT lol.

Very fair.

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

1 hour ago, Den-Fi said:

It's dead easy to make such a setup you just dont need to be an absolute noob, it takes like 30 minutes to configure

As for AMD vs Intel AMD is much better for such a setup simply because most intel CPUs have messed up iommu groups (which means that it is not easy to share more than 1 GPU because they are both on the same "band" so to speak so you either use them both on one VM or nothing )  but ok you can hack/patch you way through that.. but AMD just has them separated on most mobos so its "plug and play" essentially in terms of dividing GPUs to individual users. 

30 minutes ago, papajo said:

It's dead easy to make such a setup you just dont need to be an absolute noob, it takes like 30 minutes to configure.

In the context of what @FakeNSAand I were discussing, no it isn't.

I'm referring to the average LTT viewer. As for the rest of your paragraph, I know, but it's outside of the context of the discussion I was having.