HELP! WEIRD SCREEN PROBLEM

modestep15
Go to solution Solved by Analog,
3 minutes ago, modestep15 said:

Yeah, there was a recent driver update when Cyberpunk released and another one a couple of days ago

Ok, in that case the easiest thing to do would be uninstall the existing drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller , disable the interenet connection so that Windows cannot reinstall automatically and after that do a clean install of the latest version directly from the manufacturer's website. Do a restart and see how it is. Don't forget to download the latest drivers before removing the existing ones and disable internet connectivity. 

Hey guys, for the past few days I've been getting this issue where when I close a game (alt+f4 or closing it normally) after a few seconds my screens will go blank, if a video is playing I can still hear it for a few more seconds unti it stops and I have to manually switch off my PC via the PSU. I have no idea why it is doing this, my temps and performance is reading normally.

Not sure if this has any relevance but it will be different colours sometimes such as an army green, creamy/white, brown ect. I also don't get any error messages.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

image0.jpeg

Do you play your games at a different resolution than the monitor's native resolution? When you quit a program that is a different resolution it takes a second to resize the picture.

2 minutes ago, Coolmaster said:

Do you play your games at a different resolution than the monitor's native resolution? When you quit a program that is a different resolution it takes a second to resize the picture.

No, I play on my native resolution, when it happens it will take about 5-10 seconds to freeze

The monitor itself only provides an image of what the graphics card tells it to. Therefore, if this only happens after 3D content is being played on the monitor (such as games) my bet would be on something going on with the graphics card where it can't properly switch between 3D and 2D (the desktop). Have you updated any graphics drivers recently or done anything that might mess with the graphics settings? 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Just now, Analog said:

The monitor itself only provides an image of what the graphics card tells it to. Therefore, if this only happens after 3D content is being played on the monitor (such as games) my bet would be on something going on with the graphics card where it can't properly switch between 3D and 2D (the desktop). Have you updated any graphics drivers recently or done anything that might mess with the graphics settings? 

Yeah, there was a recent driver update when Cyberpunk released and another one a couple of days ago

3 minutes ago, modestep15 said:

Ok, in that case the easiest thing to do would be uninstall the existing drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller , disable the interenet connection so that Windows cannot reinstall automatically and after that do a clean install of the latest version directly from the manufacturer's website. Do a restart and see how it is. Don't forget to download the latest drivers before removing the existing ones and disable internet connectivity. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

1 minute ago, Analog said:

Yeah sweet as, I've jsut seen on another forum that people are having the same issue as me with my card (gtx 1080ti), thanks for the help