My board died, help with replacement advise please.

Dave4u

Hi all,

After a good few hours testing I have decided to certify my mobo as dead. Very annoying and terrible timing just before Xmas. 

I need advise on a mid/high end b450 board please. Has to be 400 series as I am running a Ryzen 5 1600.

At the moment thinking of the gigabyte aorus b450 elite, any experiences with that board would be good to know. 

Thanks all. 

24 minutes ago, mr_m_cox said:

Hi all,

After a good few hours testing I have decided to certify my mobo as dead. Very annoying and terrible timing just before Xmas. 

I need advise on a mid/high end b450 board please. Has to be 400 series as I am running a Ryzen 5 1600.

At the moment thinking of the gigabyte aorus b450 elite, any experiences with that board would be good to know. 

Thanks all. 

It's a solid board. Way cheaper now than it was before, making it pretty good value for money. 

I'd look at the features you need and decide on those. Also check availability, B450 is end of life so supplies won't last forever.

Thanks for the replies.

Liking the look of the aorus b440 Pro now too, apparently better audio and some upgraded features.

Slightly concerned at users reporting their 3200mhz memory kits not fully stretching their legs and getting stuck around 2600. The ram I have and that those users had isn't on the QVL but not getting new RAM too! 

Any other suggestions around £100 tops would be appreciated, I need to go buy from a shop (novatech.co.uk) tomorrow so limited in choice by their stock level. Only other must is full set of audio jack ports for 5.1 speakers. 

Thanks again all. 

B450m steel legend or Asrock b450m pro4. pretty good budget board.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w