is it worth getting the Ryzen 7 5800x over the ryzen 5 5600x?

wolfff

so i will be building a new pc soon wich will be around the 2000 euros.

i am currently running a ryzen 7 1700, wich isnt enough for what i want in photoshop, fl studio etc but i was wondering if the 2 extra cores are worth the 100 euros more.

i will be gaming LOTS with my pc BUT... i will soon also be photoshopping alot and using alot of adobe programs. also i will be doing lots and lots of FL studio (music producing)

should i spend those 100 euros extra on the 8 core cpu or buy the 5 5600x

4 minutes ago, Atomic Explosion said:

Get the Ryzen 9 5900x, it is a $100 more than Ryzen 7 5800x and has 4 cores more or 8 threads

I don't think that was an option, plus it's 100/200 more

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Since your mostly gaming I'd get the 5600x, although personally i'd just snag the one that comes in stock first

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

I would try to not overly focus on cores, just look at benchmark charts and see how various options perform. I was watching a level1tech video yesterday, and he asked "is eight cores the new ten cores?" because of the 5800x beating the 10900k in most (if not all) production benchmarks.  Similarly, the 5600x (6 cores) comes very close to beating (for example) the 3800x (8 core) in multi-thread workloads.. The new 5xxx processors beat everything else from AMD and intel for lightly threaded tasks, which I believe PS falls into that category.

The moral of the story: core count doesn't tell the whole story. Be aware that the 5800 runs very hot and you may want to go liquid cooling if you get it. the 5600 on the other hand is cool as a cucumber. Both of them overclock very well. 

best of luck, whichever way you go. 

23 hours ago, Downkey said:

I don't think that was an option, plus it's 100/200 more

jup

23 hours ago, Downkey said:

Since your mostly gaming I'd get the 5600x, although personally i'd just snag the one that comes in stock first

the netherlands ryzen stock is already almost balanced