HDCP Support kinda there, kinda not? (Amazon)

TheBluePotato

Heyo!

Maybe off topic? But kinda techy, so hey.

I've got an LG 3440x1440 21:9 Ultrawide (34UC88-B to be precise) and a (or rather two) GTX1070 GPU's.

Connected via a Displayport Cable (And for troubleshooting purposes also via HDMI).

Problem: Nvidia control center tells me I should have full HDCP support on my setup. Amazon prime video decides I do not. Watching non-HD content on this Mnitor is no fun, espacially when I *bought* the 4K version.

I was able to watch Full HD and 4K content on this exact same setup for quite a long time. But a while ago something (And my guess is Amazon) decided to break my setup. I have no plans whatsoever to buy a new Monitor.

Is there any sort of workaround? Any small setting or trick? I really hate Amazon for that.

31 minutes ago, TheBluePotato said:

Heyo! Maybe off topic? But kinda techy, so hey.

I've got an LG 3440x1440 21:9 Ultrawide (34UC88-B to be precise) and a (or rather two) GTX1070 GPU's.

Connected via a Displayport Cable (And for troubleshooting purposes also via HDMI).

Problem: Nvidia control center tells me I should have full HDCP support on my setup. Amazon prime video decides I do not. Watching non-HD content on this Mnitor is no fun, espacially when I *bought* the 4K version.

I was able to watch Full HD and 4K content on this exact same setup for quite a long time. But a while ago something (And my guess is Amazon) decided to break my setup. I have no plans whatsoever to buy a new Monitor.

Amazon's official Prime Video System Requirements for Computers document doesn't mention that 4K video via web browsers or the Amazon Prime Video app is supported on computers at this time - they only support "up to HD" quality. Maybe it worked before, maybe they supported it before, but officially speaking, they do not claim to support 4K video playback on a computer, so there's no workaround, trick, or setting.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GUVGB3QMQRYRERYW

Also note that even though you may have bought a video from a service, you've technically only purchased a license to watch that video via whatever means or methods the service you purchased it from allows. Limitations like this is why I refuse to purchase music, movies, or TV shows via digital platforms unless the platform allows downloading an unprotected copy of the media I can watch and/or convert for any of my other devices.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 minute ago, Coolmaster said:

Is your Displayport cable HDCP compatible?

According to the listing, yeah. And it worked before. Not sure if Nvidia control panel knows that or not.