Can't Install Windows 20H2 version

SJ Hassan

I created bootable pendrive (MBR),  but the combuter won't just boot from the usb. Although the usb shows up in bios.

My system:

R5 1600

Mobo: Gigabyte AB350M DS3H

2 minutes ago, SJ Hassan said:

I created bootable pendrive (MBR),  but the combuter won't just boot from the usb. Although the usb shows up in bios.

My system:

R5 1600

Rello, have you created installation media from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If yes, try booting from USB 2.0  port,

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

8 minutes ago, SJ Hassan said:

My system:

R5 1600

Why would you use MBR? Is your BIOS set to UEFI only or UEFI & CSM/legacy?

If possible you should always use UEFI and also create the USB drive as GPT instead of MBR for UEFI booting.

1 minute ago, Benji said:

I'd have to agree with it. I assume that you are trying to install the regular CSM version and not the UEFI version. In general, since Windows 8.1, I'd never install a non-UEFI version. Maybe that'll work for you.

That is not actually correct. My thumbdrive is also formatted as FAT32 MBR and still installs UEFI-only just perfectly. The setup media just needs a correctly configured bootloader on the drive that makes itself get recognised as UEFI boot manager, which Windows does since 8.1 on also MBR-formatted drives.

Well that is correct, yes. In boot menu you can then choose to boot from the USB drive in UEFI or legacy mode, same with hard drives :)

5 minutes ago, Naijin said:

Why would you use MBR? Is your BIOS set to UEFI only or UEFI & CSM/legacy?

If possible you should always use UEFI and also create the USB drive as GPT instead of MBR for UEFI booting.

Just tried using GPT but didn't work, fun fact : it boots fron another pen drive which has a outdated version of windows

3 minutes ago, Benji said:

That was not my point and you're still wrong. A setup medium doesn't need to be formatted GPT to install UEFI. And after using computers for 15 years, I know very much how to install Windows and where the difference in the setup lies. After all, DVDs have neither format (they use ISO 9660 Joliet) and can still install both CSM and UEFI installs.

But in terms of using UEFI you are correct and nothing else should be done on a system that is equal to or newer than Intel Ivy Bridge.

With "that is correct" I meant that MBR can install UEFI as well as legacy :)