No drivers found when installing windows NEED HELP PLEASE

jake3432

Hello, I just built my first gaming rig. I only had macs before so I created a bootable usb using etcher and the windows iso on mac, when Installing windows it says there was no drivers found, I have used everything on the internet such as command prompt to fix this issue but it still occurs, I have a ssd and hdd both wont get read. PLEASE HELP

why didnt you use windows media creation tool

its from microsoft and it works fine. no need to use third party apps to create windows install drive. choose custom installation and make sure you can see both drives. i usually delete all drives then refresh. be aware this will delete everything from the drives. it will then show your drives with unallocated space. choose where you want to install windows and create a partition there. then simply select that partition and click next. the installation will automatically create all partitions needed for windows. dont connect to the internet when installing windows or it will force you to log in with a Microsoft account. you want to skip that step. 

once in windows you can connect to the internet. 

ill walk you through updating drivers for lets say audio device. the same method will apply to all drivers (accept maybe graphics drivers which you should search for from the nvidia or amd website if you have a discreet gpu)

right click the windows icon bottom left of your toolbar. select device manager. here you can see which devices need drivers.

Find the device which you want drivers for. for audio device it will probably say (high definition audio device)

right click it and click "Properties"

1164065478_20201208-Screenshot(1).jpg.a6f156ab3f636d40c892395266cc872a.jpg

Under the "Details" tab select "hardware IDs" in the drop down menu

214574201_20201208-Screenshot(2).jpg.c5dc39eb602600982e9c6295d78606f1.jpg

the right click the id and click "copy". i usually select the second one as i get more accurate hits. 249407168_20201208-Screenshot(3).jpg.bf6594f4f2531081d5ba010d78b8338b.jpg

Go to drp.su (it has a very extensive driver library) we have used this site for years and has yet to fail us. just dont download their automatic driver installer pack thing. 

paste the hardware ID in the bar and select the driver from the drop down. 

432698684_20201208-Screenshot(4).thumb.jpg.fe73ade4ac59f376381bfa053e5dc77b.jpg

you should get a screen like this. usually we use windows 7 x64 drivers as they work 99% of the time. you can try windows 10 ones but they can be a little hit and miss. download the ZIP. 

2021221280_20201208-Screenshot(5).thumb.jpg.bd9d7a229cd896b65b459b4594996016.jpg

Find the zip on your system and unpack it. then head back to your device manager. right click on the device (u can close all the other things with hardware ids and stuff) and instead of "properties" select update driver. then click the bottom option to browse for drivers. then simply click the browse button and locate the folder. select the folder where you have the driver unpacked inside. (you dont have to go into the folder just the main folder which has the driver in it.) Hit "next" and it will update.

i know this is abit of a roundabout way to install drivers but its the safest. the windows tool will not install anything if it is the wrong driver or have malicious content. if it installs that means it was the right driver for the right device. downloading a random driver and directly installing using the exe can lead to problems if its the wrong driver or it could have malicious stuff depending on where you get the driver from. Hope this helps.

Untitled.jpg.54c17a64d82262f7a04f1dec7c6ccf44.jpg

10 hours ago, OscarMike said:

why didnt you use windows media creation tool

12 hours ago, jake3432 said:

I only had macs before so I created a bootable usb using etcher and the windows iso on mac

@jake3432, what mobo do you have? Did you get the latest available ISO? The only reason why installer would ask for drivers is if you have maybe older hardware. Or is it asking after installation is finished? If you connect to internet while installation is going on, Windows should install PnP drivers already.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv