Ryzen 7 3800x optimization tips

Hello!

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X
CPU Cooler: NZXT X62 Kraken
RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz
GPU: RTX 2080 Super
MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming

So over the course of the last year, a lot has changed for zen 2, from lots of bios updates, and chipset updates, so I have a few questions that I need to be answered if you guys don't mind. :)

1. Is there a special power plan for windows that I should be using for optimal temperature/performance? Right now I am using the Ryzen Balanced power plan that comes with the AMD chipset, I read that Windows actually fixed that issue, and the Balanced power plan works fine now? Is this true? Or should I use a custom power plan like 1usmus power plan?
  2. My temps idle are from 50-60c and 70-80c with load (such as gaming), and I've read that undervolting the CPU should help resolve this issue, is this still true? Will I lose any performance if I did this? If so, I cannot find "CPU Voltage" in my MOBO, I can find VDDCR CPU Voltage, is this the same thing? How much should I undevolt -0.1v or -0.05v also what other bios settings should I turn off or on? There is a lot of threads about this, but I'm very confused due to the amount of back and forth, and it's just overwhelming.

Thank you!

i use the Ryzen High performance plan with the AMD chipset driver.

Also what are you using to monitor the temps Are you using Ryzen Master? Because thats the only accurate Temp reading, everything else is +10c higher usually like msi afterburner.

I use AMD balanced and it's working fine

I also undervolt because I don't like the stock temp and voltage

But I do it using ryzen master and set a maximum clock speed, so it's lower than the boost clock

I lost about 10% performance, but I dropped the power draw by around 40%, and temps by 10c or so

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 hour ago, Jeppes said:

What case? What room temp?

nzxt h510i, something like 65-70.

2 hours ago, Shimejii said:

i use the Ryzen High performance plan with the AMD chipset driver.

Also what are you using to monitor the temps Are you using Ryzen Master? Because thats the only accurate Temp reading, everything else is +10c higher usually like msi afterburner.

thats exactly what I am using, Ryzen Masters.