Laptop noise (not the fans)

B.Rms

I have an MSI gaming laptop. It has no mechanical drive, only SSD. The only moving parts are the fans, which were kinda too loud even on idle, so I adjusted the fan curve and then everything was great.

But because the fan noise is gone, now I noticed there's a sort of electric sound coming from inside it. What I think is curious is that the noise seems to follow the CPU activity, for example if I scroll a page on my browser, the noise intensifies for the duration of the scroll and then goes back to a lower profile noise when I stop doing stuff. That'll basically happen any time I make the computer do something like scrolling, resizing windows or if the CPU has to work a bit harder than idle.

It doesn't sound like the fan speeding up at all, it's an electronic kind of sound rather than fan noise, and it is too instantaneous to be the fan speeding up because the CPU had no time to even heat up, it literally follows the scrolling in perfect sync.

Any ideas at all?

Threadripper 3970x | ASUS ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming | Corsair HX1200i | 64 GB DDR4 Ripjaws-V 3600Mhz CL18-22-22-42 | Gigabyte RTX 3090 Xtreme Waterforce | Obsidian Series 750D Airflow | 250GB WD Blue SSD SN500 NVMe M.2 | 2x Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB Aorus 8 TB NVMe PCIe SSD | Nocuta NH-U14S TR4-SP3 | 3x Corsair ML120 Pro RGB | 1x Corsair ML140 Pro RGB | 1x Noctua NF-A14 | 1x Corsair AF140L |

26 minutes ago, B.Rms said:

Any ideas at all?

yea, it's electrical noise

if you're listening to it thru headphone, it's most likely unclean DC power to the DAC/AMP, or just noise (EMI)

if you're listening to it directly, it can be coilwhine

eithercase, it's mostly harmless

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately