Electricity leaking from PC case and 1st Monitor.

Go to solution Solved by Arttu89,

It's just build up of static, if your wall outlet was grounded, the static would disperse.

That's a very shady wall socket by the way.

This is a long story. so just this morning i tried to plug a usb device to the back of my pc(the pc is not running, the power supply is on) then i suddenly felt something on my finger, it was the metal hinge at the back of my pc case. i then turned the psu off then unplugged it to the surge protector. hours passed and i decided to turn my computer on. it was working fine and there was no leakage. until my 1st monitor(i have 2) suddenly started losing signal. i checked to see what was wrong then i felt another leakage on the bottom of the monitor.(i don't think it's the gpu's fault since it has another monitor plugged into it and it seems to be working fine). My Pc and My 1st Monitor(the one that shocked me) are both connected to the same surge protector and that surge protector connects to a 3to2 prong adapter and i plug it into a 2 prong outlet. i know that an ungrounded outlet might be the problem i just need assurance from people here in the internet since i can't talk to other people right now(it's 2 am)im lonely and im anxious. please help. I'll add pictures so that it's easier for you guys. 

in the 1st picture the 2 unplugged cables are from the Monitor(the one that shocked me) and my PC.

and the 2 cables that are plugged are from the Internet router and the other monitor that's working fine

IMG20201206215351.jpg

IMG20201206215330.jpg

Normal since the outlet is not grounded.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

40 minutes ago, AkoSiAdam said:

ungrounded outlet might be the problem

Yes

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

It's just build up of static, if your wall outlet was grounded, the static would disperse.

Just now, Arttu89 said:

but how do i explain the monitor suddenly losing signal? it loses signal then gets back to normal. after a few minutes it does it again, my other monitor is working fine tho so idk if it's the gpu or the outlet or something i have no idea jesus christ. i want to sleep but i cant cause im paranoid about my pc. X.X

When the static discharges it disrupts the signal temporarily. Common. Having the same issue right now with the dry air (monitor's PSU has no ground connection).

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

13 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

When the static discharges it disrupts the signal temporarily. Common. Having the same issue right now with the dry air (monitor's PSU has no ground connection).

how can i mitigate this if possible? should i change from hdmi to dvi? should i wear an anti static something something? my table is wooden and my chair is just cheap hard plastic btw.