Aorus 1070 Gaming Box with Razer Blade Stealth 2016 (2020 Thread Edition)

Jaxseven

I did see a thread with a similar issue back in 2017 but as per the message below the thread, it recommended I make a new thread. I am making a gaming setup for my partner and I have my old Razer Blade Stealth 2016 and an Aorus 1070 eGPU. I have verified the eGPU works on a separate computer (that computer has 2 lanes for Thunderbolt), the USB-C cables, and the GPU itself all work. The Stealth's Thunderbolt bolt also works as it can be paired with a Core without issue. When I plug in the Aorus eGPU to the Stealth is when the wackiness starts. It will constantly connect and disconnect until I unplug it or shut down the laptop. Tried installing the Aorus utility and then plugging it in, no change. Tried booting with the eGPU connected, no change. Searching the forum lead me to the "Aorus 1070 Gaming Box with Razer Blade Stealth 2016" thread in 2017 with the last post from @harrycar saying:

my solution was to wait until my RBS was at 90% battery then trying it - and hazah it worked! 

It must be the power-draw preferences in the card!

This doesn't seem to work for me, as my battery was around 80% - 90% at the time of my attempt. I will say I had battery issues having to replace the battery myself (thanks for nothing Razer) so I don't know if this would affect anything but I have a feeling this is more driver based. Does anyone know of any solutions? I'd prefer to get the Gaming Box working over the Core due to the size and space.