Different types of switches

Bright7185

Hi, I would like to get the redragon k530 60% keyboard but the switches are brown and i want to switch them to tangerines it says it is hot swappable but only with red dragon switches 

Does that matter or are all switches the same?

21 hours ago, deadlyfarts69 said:

Hi, I would like to get the redragon k530 60% keyboard but the switches are brown and i want to switch them to tangerines it says it is hot swappable but only with red dragon switches 

Does that matter or are all switches the same?

Exceeded My Expectations: Redragon K530 Draconic 60% Mechanical Keyboard Review - YouTube
According to this video, the Redragon uses Outemu hotswap socket. They are known for having tighter clamps that only fits Outemu switches without modifications.
You can still fit your Tangerines, but you will have to make the pins thinner to make those fit the socket.

Edited by ProBottler
grammar

Big boi caveiat: Im not a native English user, i can totally bottled up the meaning of the words
A kid with a dream
thank you :D 

3 hours ago, ProBottler said:

Exceeded My Expectations: Redragon K530 Draconic 60% Mechanical Keyboard Review - YouTube
According to this video, the Redragon uses Outemu hotswap socket. They are known for having tighter clamps that only fits Outemu switches without modifications.
You can still fit your Tangerines, but you will have to make the pins thinner to make those fits the socket.

I can confirm that ... and they are a pain to get the original switches out of there in the first place as they are really tight fit.

Why are you set on the k530 ... there's other option for hotswappable board that would be quite good specially in the 60% ... like the gmmk, they keymove snowfox or the gk61 (if I remember correctly) ...

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD