Mouse movement uses 25% of GPU

Samusasuke

I wanted to know if people out there have the same problem as me, and how could I solve it.

I can open task manager with nothing moving and my mouse standing still, and my CPU usage is around 5%

whenever I start moving my mouse, it jumps to 25%.

The app that uses it is always the same app the mouse is hovering over. If I move the mouse over the desktop, windows explorer jumps to 25%, if I'm moving on chrome, chrome's cpu usage jumps.

this is problematic as it happens in games making my most important moments, those filled with movement, extremely laggy

I have a core i5-9400 and a GTX 1060. I know for a fact none of them thermal throttle, both perform as expected, and are way over the specs for mouse moving.

I have a G403. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling G HUB multiple times, and also using basic mouse drivers. No success. The issue is also present in safe mode.

Even if you don't have a solution, can you test this very quickly on your computer, to see how much cpu usage moving the mouse arround gives you? It would already help a lot.

I also noticed it completely loads one core, and then half another core, so that explains the 25%.

Things I have tried:

DDU and reinstal newest nvidia drivers

DDU and install old nvidia drivers.

put motherboard in default settings (BIOS)

unistalling and re installing G HUB,

using different DPI's and poll rates

using basic windows mouse drivers.

Guarantee nothing else is running on the computer.

Safe mode

Rerolling (syustem recovery) to an older windows version

Disabling the RGB (as a sinner)

NONE worked even a tiny little bit. It sucks getting 10fps on low 1080p valorant with this machine

What polling rate did you set for the mouse? Try lowering it.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

9 minutes ago, Samusasuke said:

I wanted to know if people out there have the same problem as me, and how could I solve it.

I can open task manager with nothing moving and my mouse standing still, and my CPU usage is around 5%

The app that uses it is always the same app the mouse is hovering over. If I move the mouse over the desktop, windows explorer jumps to 25%, if I'm moving on chrome, chrome's cpu usage jumps.

this is problematic as it happens in games making my most important moments, those filled with movement, extremely laggy

I have a core i5-9400 and a GTX 1060. I know for a fact none of them thermal throttle, both perform as expected, and are way over the specs for mouse moving.

I have a G403. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling G HUB multiple times, and also using basic mouse drivers. No success. The issue is also present in safe mode.

Even if you don't have a solution, can you test this very quickly on your computer, to see how much cpu usage moving the mouse arround gives you? It would already help a lot.

I also noticed it completely loads one core, and then half another core, so that explains the 25%.

Things I have tried:

DDU and reinstal newest nvidia drivers

DDU and install old nvidia drivers.

put motherboard in default settings (BIOS)

unistalling and re installing G HUB,

using different DPI's and poll rates

using basic windows mouse drivers.

Guarantee nothing else is running on the computer.

Safe mode

Rerolling (syustem recovery) to an older windows version

Disabling the RGB (as a sinner)

NONE worked even a tiny little bit. It sucks getting 10fps on low 1080p valorant with this machine

have you tried using a different mouse or reinstalling windows?

9 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

What polling rate did you set for the mouse? Try lowering it.

On the bottom I like I said, this had unfortunately no impact 

Edited by Samusasuke

Just now, Asez23 said:

have you tried using a different mouse or reinstalling windows?

I will try a different mouse as soon as I can. I should expect a g403 would not give problems but at this point I'll take anything. I didn't yet uninstall windows, but I did roll back to an older version, still no solution. I'm thinking about reinstalling a really old version that is "know to be gud"

Just now, Samusasuke said:

I will try a different mouse as soon as I can. I should expect a g403 would not give problems but at this point I'll take anything. I didn't yet uninstall windows, but I did roll back to an older version, still no solution. I'm thinking about reinstalling a really old version that is "know to be gud"

WINDOWS XP FTW

3 minutes ago, Asez23 said:

WINDOWS XP FTW

I still want to use dx11 tou. But hey, if all else fails, might as well

4 minutes ago, Samusasuke said:

lol good luck

45 minutes ago, Samusasuke said:

The app that uses it is always the same app the mouse is hovering over.

What app?

46 minutes ago, Samusasuke said:

For me it's at 0% in both instances.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

29 minutes ago, Samusasuke said:

Windows 7 has it all :)

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566