My MPG X570 Gaming Plus MSI mobo wont boot when I set my ram to 3600mhz

Go to solution Solved by minibois,

Welcome to the forum!

Just now, JsmIsAwesome said:

Yeah I've had this pc built for a while and only realized this now but my pc wont boot when I set my ram to 3000MHz or 3600MHz and I have no clue why. I have to manually reset my bios every time I try it.

Are you manually setting the speed, or using the automatic overclocking method of your motherboard?
If you're setting it manually: that usually doesn't work because you need to change the timings and possibly voltage too, to make it run at the correct speeds.

In the BIOS, turn on A-XMP, with Profile2.

Spoiler

image.png.b02075741443c740e034d241223ebd05.png

Yeah I've had this pc built for a while and only realized this now but my pc wont boot when I set my ram to 3000MHz or 3600MHz and I have no clue why. I have to manually reset my bios every time I try it.

If it helps my here are my parts
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
Motherboard : MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus
Ram : Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3600MHz 
GPU : Gigabyte RTX 2080 SUPER

Its my first time posting here or on any forum in general so any help would be appreciated

Welcome to the forum!

Just now, JsmIsAwesome said:

Are you manually setting the speed, or using the automatic overclocking method of your motherboard?
If you're setting it manually: that usually doesn't work because you need to change the timings and possibly voltage too, to make it run at the correct speeds.

In the BIOS, turn on A-XMP, with Profile2.

Spoiler

image.png.b02075741443c740e034d241223ebd05.png

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

• 2 weeks later...

Hey sorry only got back to this now because I was busy with work but I did what you said and it did work but my ram frequency still isnt hitting 3600mhz its only hitting 1800mhz rn is there something more I should do 

image.png

7 hours ago, JsmIsAwesome said:

Hey sorry only got back to this now because I was busy with work but I did what you said and it did work but my ram frequency still isnt hitting 3600mhz its only hitting 1800mhz rn is there something more I should do 

image.png

The DDR in DDR4 stands for Double-Data-Rate, meaning the DRAM Frequency you see in CPU-Z is half of the effective speed. You are in fact running 3600 right now

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

3 hours ago, -iSynthesis said:

The DDR in DDR4 stands for Double-Data-Rate, meaning the DRAM Frequency you see in CPU-Z is half of the effective speed. You are in fact running 3600 right now

Ohh okay thanks for letting me know about that I guess I'm good now. Thanks guys!