Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) supported TV dongle

SleepingGiant

Hi,

I'm trying to cast my windows media (mp4/mp3 etc.) to our TV. To my surprise and disappointment it does not support the DLNA (picture below for reference)

Now I am looking for a dongle or something that i can put into the TV, any suggestions?

Thinking about a chrome cast but not sure if it supports DLNA or windows to tv casting

PS: Media streaming option is turned ON in windows

Screenshot 2020-12-01 172607.png

Playstations have (or maybe just had) DLNA....my bluray player does as well...do you have other devices already that might have it that you havent' checked?

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

as far as i know windows does not use DLNA for this streaming.

But either way the best thing you can get for this right now is the new google TV, theres a new LTT video out since a few days where they tested it.

Just now, Video Beagle said:

Playstations have (or maybe just had) DLNA....my bluray player does as well...do you have other devices already that might have it that you havent' checked?

Sadly no. The only device we have is our previous TV but it died(it had a good run)

Cast to device uses miracast, not dlna.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

3 minutes ago, Pixel5 said:

as far as i know windows does not use DLNA for this streaming.

Not sure tbh. As long as i can cast my windows media  to the TV

4 minutes ago, Pixel5 said:

But either way the best thing you can get for this right now is the new google TV, theres a new LTT video out since a few days where they tested it.

Can't return the tv. In my country the word "REFUND" and "EXCHANGE" does not exist.

Well,  then, if the TV doesn't have any streaming functionality (do check thru all the settings..might be turned off), then the field is pretty open...no need to stick with DLNA which can be a bit barebones..you can just go with whatever system you like. As Pixel said above, Linus did a video on a new google device that looked promising (I used DLNA with my TV until I got an Apple TV...which I do recomend as quality devices, they're reallly best if you're in the Apple system already).

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

3 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Cast to device uses miracast, not dlna.

Maybe that's it. but the TV does not support any casting from windows

1 minute ago, Video Beagle said:

Well,  then, if the TV doesn't have any streaming functionality (do check thru all the settings..might be turned off)

it has casting from android to TV but not windows to TV

2 minutes ago, Video Beagle said:

Linus did a video on a new google device that looked promising

I'll just say, my country will mark-this-thing-up like hell. RTX 3070 was mark-up to 45% ugh

3 minutes ago, SleepingGiant said:

I'm afraid I'm out of my depth here... post the brand/model of the tv.. lots of smart folks will be around who can probably give you a solution I can't :)

22 minutes ago, SleepingGiant said:

AFAIK both use the same standard so if one works the other should too. Are you sure it's enabled on the TV? Sometimes you have to put the TV in "Cast" mode before it's discoverable.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

3 hours ago, SleepingGiant said:

Can't return the tv. In my country the word "REFUND" and "EXCHANGE" does not exist.

Watch the LMG video its just an HDMI dongle that you attach to your TV so no need to return the TV.

On 12/1/2020 at 6:21 PM, Kilrah said:

Sometimes you have to put the TV in "Cast" mode before it's discoverable.

I have it in "cast" mode, but it still cant see it