Merry Christmas, scalpers!

5 hours ago, poochyena said:

Nearly didn't click the video since I didn't know it was a 3060 review. I assumed it was a scalper rant video. these titles are awful.

oh nice, they fixed the title to include what the video was actually about

So I'm guessing this will run better than a 980Ti or vanilla 1080. Guessing because that's all I can do with the info out there. I get the 20 series comparisons, but who with a 2080 is going to switch to a 3060? You really need to compare OLDER cards from 2-3 gens back because those are the ones owners will be replacing, assuming they can get their hands on one of these new cards sometime within the next six months.

Jensen and Lisa - get your act together!!!

I think this card might be a better match for my 2700X than a 3070, might have to track one down.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

3 hours ago, Luscious said:

So I'm guessing this will run better than a 980Ti or vanilla 1080. Guessing because that's all I can do with the info out there. I get the 20 series comparisons, but who with a 2080 is going to switch to a 3060? You really need to compare OLDER cards from 2-3 gens back because those are the ones owners will be replacing, assuming they can get their hands on one of these new cards sometime within the next six months.

Jensen and Lisa - get your act together!!!

Should def include more 9 and 10 series cards in this kind of comparison.   So many people sitting on those cards upgrading right now.

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

Almost got one of these, but BestBuy doesn't ship? Not going into a store to wait in line for a pickup during a pandemic, so guess not.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

34 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

Almost got one of these, but BestBuy doesn't ship? Not going into a store to wait in line for a pickup during a pandemic, so guess not.

go to google maps and click on that store. It will tell you how busy the store is, so you can make a plan to go when there won't be a lineimage.png.de8a1d5c4a4ad08cd2b370ceb7113e28.png

2 hours ago, poochyena said:

go to google maps and click on that store. It will tell you how busy the store is, so you can make a plan to go when there won't be a lineimage.png.de8a1d5c4a4ad08cd2b370ceb7113e28.png

I’m sure any hope I had of getting one was gone the instant I took it out of my cart. My 1060 will work for another year so I’ll roll with it.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

can we take a moment to appreciate the use of their barrel lens to get those awesome b-roll shots? 

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

So I have a little (not so little) issue with LTTs recent claims about the 3060 Ti...

They claimed the 5700 XT does about 30% worst than the 3060 Ti, however only 3 games did better with the 3060 Ti that equaled or exceeded 30% and only in 4K (less one in a different video)

All other games are somewhere between 4% to 23%(horizon does 16% better in 1080p), not to mention they likely don't know if that 30% is true or not because they clearly didn't do any 5700 XT testing in this topics video, comparing old data from over a year ago is a bad idea because programs and drivers get optimized therefore last years results can be worst than today's.

The other videos that mentioned the 5700 XT in the topic linked in the video description share similar numbers to GN. So tell me where is this "magical" 30% coming from? 4K? Don't do that. Bad LTT bad, you get a time out for that.

Note: I rounded down the 5700 XT and rounded up the 3060 Ti's numbers to benefit the 3060 Ti.

Note 2: Watch Dogs apparently is 29% better avg but 1% min is 91% of that of 5700 XT (3fps), YMMV, also note that WD is a nvidia title, which is obviously going to favor green.

I'm still holding true to my statement on page one of the topic the 3060 Ti is ewaste (just wait for the 6700) unless you want nvidia (and don't own last gen cards from either company), or a 4K gaming card on the cheap (title specific, seriously don't buy either the 5700 XT or the 3060 Ti with 4K expectations). Not to mention the 5700 XT is still the more likely card to get your hands on right now lol, therefore it outperforms anything recently released even the 3090 since you can't buy one.