is this a good grandpa computer

Go to solution Solved by SupaKomputa,
2 minutes ago, Kalaiarasan said:

nah not going to use windows though...

No windows you say? Why not this:

image.png.736193789ce915d208794300b9180bfe.png

Raspberry Pi 4 all in 1 pc keyboard (4gb ram). It can run ubuntu!

Just now, pythonmegapixel said:

And if you want, there's a build of Chrome OS for it too...

really! any mention of it please ,like build name or link to it

4 minutes ago, Kalaiarasan said:

really! any mention of it please ,like build name or link to it

This looks like the thing:

https://github.com/FydeOS/chromium_os-raspberry_pi

I have never used it before though, so I can make no claims about its security or usablility.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

hmmmm im sensing you will use this more than your granpa. haha.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

hmmmm im sensing you will use this more than your granpa. haha.

this thing is cute lol

17 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

I mean the easiest OS for that thing is typically what was called Rasbian, but they changed the name to Raspberry Pi OS.  It's an easy to use/straight forward OS and based on Debian.  Arch, from my experience is usually the hardest one to get working at times on the RPis.  Chromium is good too.

he would me mostly in chrome....and not touch anything away from it....so i need a stable OS so better raspberry pi os or ubuntu , what do you say?

i think we should start a new thread , dziscussing "which OS is suitable for old people without much computer knowledge"

-> Moved to Laptops and Pre-Built Systems

Also merged couple of posts. Please edit your existing posts if you need to add something.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv