2 sets of 2 x 8 GB vs 1 set 4 x 8 GB

Going to get a set of rams on Cyber Monday, but a set of 4 x 8GB is out of stock. 2 sets of 2 x 8GB is available. Does it really matter? Also it says it is for AMD, that doesn't matter too right? 

Want to buy:

G.SKILL Trident Z Neo (For AMD Ryzen) Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin RGB DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C16D-16GTZNC

Currently Using: 

i7 8700K

ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING (Dual Channel Memory Architecture) 

Both will give you same results as quad channel exists only in servers. Both will run in dual channel.

51 minutes ago, w1nger1 said:

Going to get a set of rams on Cyber Monday, but a set of 4 x 8GB is out of stock. 2 sets of 2 x 8GB is available. Does it really matter? Also it says it is for AMD, that doesn't matter too right? 

Want to buy:

G.SKILL Trident Z Neo (For AMD Ryzen) Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin RGB DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C16D-16GTZNC

Currently Using: 

i7 8700K

ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING (Dual Channel Memory Architecture) 

Your current rig is intel based and you are choosing ram based on ryzen Build.
As intel does not need high frequency rams to shine, its in there architecture that they perform well with 3000mhz or under where its totally opposite with ryzen, the more MHZ you feed ryzen chip, the more they perform good. 

Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Corsair Vengeance lpx 32gb 3600mhz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING | XPG Core Reactor 850w

1 hour ago, Waqas409 said:

Your current rig is intel based and you are choosing ram based on ryzen Build.
As intel does not need high frequency rams to shine, its in there architecture that they perform well with 3000mhz or under where its totally opposite with ryzen, the more MHZ you feed ryzen chip, the more they perform good. 

So you saying I'm going to get better performance using 3000 instead of 3600? 

3 hours ago, RyZen3200G said:

Both will give you same results as quad channel exists only in servers. Both will run in dual channel.

There are desktop systems that run quad channel as well i.e AMD Threadripper.