brand new Monitor almost always no signal, touching hdmi cable loses signal

omuleanu

2 days ago I got a new 1440p 144hz Benq EX2780q monitor,

I when I first installed, I struggled for 15 min trying different hdmi cables and hdmi ports (hdmi1, hdmi2), and pulling the plug on/off on the monitor until I got it to work,

after I noticed that just slightly touching the hdmi cable may interrupt the signal, and I never seen bios or windows loading with this monitor only when the windows is loaded I can have the chance to receive signal

on the next day I got signal when windows loaded

today I'm not getting signal anymore

I'm using my old monitor now, which doesn't get any of these problems (Benq EW2430)

EDIT:

I tried connecting it on a samsung laptop (intel CPU no video card) and it always works

on the desktop PC I have GTX 1660 super

the monitor has FreeSync Premium, could this matter ?

MSI B660M Bazooka, i5-13600K, Gigabyte GTX 1660 SUPER, 1TB 970 EVO Plus, 840EVO 500GB, 64GB (2*32) RAM Kingston Fury Beast, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO V2, Benq EX2780Q monitor, Cooler Master N200 Case

Probably a damaged HDMI port on your GPU. Why not use DP instead?

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Probably a damaged HDMI port on your GPU. Why not use DP instead?

my GPU is quite new  (around 7 months), I don't have a DP cable right now, 

would a damaged HDMI port always work on one monitor (my old one) and not work on the other ( the new one ) ?

MSI B660M Bazooka, i5-13600K, Gigabyte GTX 1660 SUPER, 1TB 970 EVO Plus, 840EVO 500GB, 64GB (2*32) RAM Kingston Fury Beast, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO V2, Benq EX2780Q monitor, Cooler Master N200 Case

9 minutes ago, omuleanu said:

my GPU is quite new  (around 7 months), I don't have a DP cable right now, 

would a damaged HDMI port always work on one monitor (my old one) and not work on the other ( the new one ) ?

Your old monitor probably was not a 1440p 144Hz, so maybe the damaged port only is a problem with the higher bandwidth required for your now monitor. Did your monitor only come with an HDMI cable and no DP?

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Just now, Stahlmann said:

Your old monitor probably was not a 1440p 144Hz, so maybe the damaged port only is a problem with the higher bandwidth required for your now monitor. Did your monitor only come with an HDMI cable and no DP?

yes, it came only with HDMI cable, 

my old one is 1080p 60Hz, 10 years old,

when I connected the new monitor to the laptop, and rebooted I also didn't see the bios and windows loading, it started working only when windows is loaded, 

in the shop when I was testing it i rebooted the shop pc once and also don't remember seeing bios

I managed to get it working for now, using the old cable which feels tighter, but I only get signal when windows loads. 

up until then it shows "no signal"