best looking black memory

I want black coloured memory, the heat sink / spreader and the pcb, link me with ram you think looks best. So far I'm going to get the crucial ballistix elite ram which to me looks the best, unless I am proven wrong ;)

crucial_ballistix_elite_ddr3_dimm_01.jpg

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

I would go with the g.skill Sniper series.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

G Skill have black Ripjaws X kits for 2x8GB and up which I think look good, and the Ripjaws Z are my favourite but so expensive. Also like the Sniper heatsinks.

70b.jpg

Current rig: i5 4670K | GTX 670 | Asus Z87I-Pro | Silverstone Strider Plus 600W | Custom mITX case | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Samsung 840 120GB | G430 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro - MX Red | LG 21.5"

G Skill have black Ripjaws X kits for 2x8GB and up which I think look good, and the Ripjaws Z are my favourite but so expensive. Also like the Sniper heatsinks.

Round dimms have always looked extremely awkward to me, not sure why :P

To all the other replies so far, I still think the ballistix elite look the best, thanks for the mentions though. If you know of any maybe aftermarket or not very popular dimms that your friendly neighbourhood techie wouldn't know of, let me know since I knew of all the ones posted :D

Patriot Viper 3?

snip

I had some of that before my vengeance, it kept blue screening, one of the sticks was bad :( ended up replacing w/ vengeance.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Dominator platinum with its top off :P

Dominator platinum with its top off :P

Ya those do look really good, but are normally overpriced

Ya those do look really good, but are normally overpriced

*pets his ram*

corsair vengeance pro black

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

+1 on Kingston HyperX Blu Black memory. But if you are getting these make sure you set their XMP profile on the ones that support XMP to get the advertised speeds.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Hehe...gud one.... :lol:

Its legit, have it in my build as the silver clashed and painting the top voids the warranty. Also as a homage to dominator and dominator GT.

I not realy care about how my ram looks like personaly, cause i dont see anything of it :D

G.skill sniper

1336115603.jpeg

That's what I own and I just now noticed the rifle molded into the heat spreader.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

This is going to sound extremely unoriginal, but I honestly like Corsair's Vengeance memory design. 

Vengeance memory is known to me as costing 10-$20 more than other perfectly acceptable memory, but the heat spreader design is honestly beautiful.  

This is going to sound extremely unoriginal, but I honestly like Corsair's Vengeance memory design. 

Vengeance memory is known to me as costing 10-$20 more than other perfectly acceptable memory, but the heat spreader design is honestly beautiful.  

True, they quite resemble the ballistix elite's. Do you know if they are made of plastic or metal?

The sticker on them looks a bit bolder than the branding that I really like on the elite's.