Is There a Noticeable Difference Between the 3080 Performance?

2Geeky

Much like everyone else, I am waiting to be lucky enough to buy a 3080 whenever I can. It is to the point now where I will literally take whatever I can get my hands on. I am curious about whether or not there is a noticeable performance difference between the different cards. For instance, the other day I missed out on both the Gigabyte Vision 3080, Founders Edition, and EVGA FTW3. I did not care that the EVGA was $850 while the Gigabyte was $770, but it did make me we wonder why. The Core Clocks and Boost Clocks for those 2 cards are the exact same. With the Core Clocks all being 1440Mhz and the Boost Clocks ranging anywhere from 1720Mhz to 1935Mhz, why exactly are the prices so drastically different? Is it just because of the added RGB? Will the cards with higher Boost Clocks even make a noticeable difference in appearance/performance of the games? Really don't get it.

Anything that isn't founders edition may have a minor difference in performance but its nothing you can't achieve on your own with a small overclock. in general its less than 5% difference.

2 minutes ago, Kilobytez95 said:

Anything that isn't founders edition may have a minor difference in performance but its nothing you can't achieve on your own with a small overclock. in general its less than 5% difference.

but it has much better cooling temps and silence

2 minutes ago, Kilobytez95 said:

What I mean to ask is whether or not you can actually perceive that difference in Boost Clock? Or is it just one of those things where you can't actually see a visible difference because it's so minimal?

They won't perform drastically different. At most 5%.

Expensive cards may have better components and cooling which allows the card to maintain the boost speed longer.

Why they are different? Flavors, people love to see more options, some prefer minimalist card, some love RGB, others don't.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 minute ago, 2Geeky said:

What I mean to ask is whether or not you can actually perceive that difference in Boost Clock? Or is it just one of those things where you can't actually see a visible difference because it's so minimal?

yes, king of like refresh rates, 144 vs 240 is non-existent and 360hz is not there, and boost clock isn't everything. That's how zen 3 beat intel without changing anything, or adding transistors. Just pure ipc improvement