can you disable monitor subwoofer

omuleanu

I bought yesterday the Benq EX2780Q and comparing to my previous monitor I find it more difficult to understand voice sound

Feels that it is too much bass, like the person talking is always inside a metal barrel 

MSI B660M Bazooka, i5-13600K, Gigabyte GTX 1660 SUPER, 1TB 970 EVO Plus, 840EVO 500GB, 64GB (2*32) RAM Kingston Fury Beast, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO V2, Benq EX2780Q monitor, Cooler Master N200 Case

That's just monitor speakers, they are usually really bad. I would pay the $20 to get separate speakers which will be actually usable.

2 minutes ago, Coolmaster said:

That's just monitor speakers, they are usually really bad. I would pay the $20 to get separate speakers which will be actually usable.

the Benq has 3 speakers, and the subwoofer is on the back

MSI B660M Bazooka, i5-13600K, Gigabyte GTX 1660 SUPER, 1TB 970 EVO Plus, 840EVO 500GB, 64GB (2*32) RAM Kingston Fury Beast, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO V2, Benq EX2780Q monitor, Cooler Master N200 Case

There should be 5 sound modes, try different ones and see which one you like the most. You should also be able to change the treble, midrange, and bass levels. I don’t know about that specific monitor, but in general the speakers in monitors are not very good and even a cheap pair of speakers will sound much better.

6 hours ago, The_russian said:

There should be 5 sound modes, try different ones and see which one you like the most. You should also be able to change the treble, midrange, and bass levels. I don’t know about that specific monitor, but in general the speakers in monitors are not very good and even a cheap pair of speakers will sound much better.

it has Audio -> Scenario -> Dialog/Vocal which I chose.

I also installed the Monitor driver from the Benq website, I'm not sure if I got more used to it or the driver helped, but it seems better now