pc programs/games crashing, i need your help! please!

Rwoo

PC build:

i7 9700k

MSI z390 gaming plus motherboard

16gb 3000mhz

750w 80+bronze

windows 10

(not sure what other info is needed)

Let me start with the situation,

Every game I play that looks to use cpu load crashes. During apex legends when a gun fight starts or a bunch of people are around in the game, it crashes. I've tested other games and got the same crashes as well. I have come done so many different test and suggestions that are on the internet that has to do with game crashing etc. I then decided to test each thing on my computer because only the apps/programs were crashing to desktop. PC is still on and running, thats the part I don't understand. I run Prime95 it goes for a little and only the app crashes. I run OCCT to stress test gpu runs fine, i test memory runs fine. I do a full OCCT large date stress test and it goes for a little bit and crashes. I do power supply and motherboard test and that crashes instantly. But what I do not get is only the apps/programs crash. My pc does not crash, it just force closes and exits the program running. I have tried a new power supply thinking that was the issue but the problem still persists.

I have done everything imaginable to fix the issue, rest everything to defaults. motherboard defaults. I've reinstalled windows like 80 billion times. Everything is default. The one thing I have not done is replace the entire motherboard but those are kind of hard to find atm. If no solutions are found I might have to just order one and wait or something. I just don't understand cause with all issues online it says "pc crashes" my pc does not crash, only the game or program crashes underload. It might be the motherboard?

temps are okay, I have an aio. unless windows 10 has something idk about that closes programs based on pc temps? cause I thought if temps were an issue the entire pc would crash? can correct me if im wrong, cause I am not 100% at pc stuff. only programs are closing and pc continues to run fine. I can play league of legends just fine as a basic non-stressed game.

10 minutes ago, Rwoo said:

temps are okay, I have an aio. unless windows 10 has something idk about that closes programs based on pc temps? cause I thought if temps were an issue the entire pc would crash? can correct me if im wrong, cause I am not 100% at pc stuff. only programs are closing and pc continues to run fine. I can play league of legends just fine as a basic non-stressed game.

It depends high temps usually just reduce clock speed. Sometimes this can lead to crashes. But yes if this system can't manage it will thermal shutdown.

Did you actually check temps? Or just assuming?

I know you said ram was fine. But have you tried with xmp disabled?

Does event viewer show any extra info

Like kernal error 41? This would be a power issue

What gou do you have?

What about ram with XMP off?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I can't really get a good temp test because prime95 only runs for so long before crashing, but this is what i got before the crash on the temps. and not sure what you need to seee in event viewer but those are the errors on the programs when I do the stress tests. Keep in mind only the programs crash, my pc is still running and operating. So idk if its just a software issue?

2020-11-28 00_41_57-CPUID HWMonitor.png

2020-11-28 01_08_51-Event Viewer.png

2020-11-28 01_09_09-Event Viewer.png

2020-11-28 01_09_35-Event Viewer.png

2020-11-28 01_09_49-Event Viewer.png

2020-11-28 01_09_59-Event Viewer.png

10 hours ago, narrdarr said:

Did you update your chipset driver?

Did you try xmp disabled?

just got home and did the above and im still getting the same results. same errors in event viewer

done that, still same thing :c i am doomed