Asus RT-AC3200: Port forwarding never works

alexstuff

Hello,

I have an Asus router upstairs, and an ISP (Ziggo, Dutch ISP) router/modem downstairs. Whenever I try to port forward, it never works. Everytime I try to host a server (I've tried BeamMP, Raceroom Racing Experience, Unturned, Assetto Corsa), other clients can never connect. Plus whenever I test if my port is open, it says it's closed. I believe I have filled in everything correctly, such as the ports, the internal IP address and the protocol. 

I actually have a funny feeling that either my ISP or the router/modem is blocking the traffic...

Does anyone know any solutions to this problem, I can't see to wrap my head around this problem.

Thanks in advance!

8 minutes ago, alexstuff said:

Does anyone know any solutions to this problem, I can't see to wrap my head around this problem.

Did you port-forward from the ISP-router to the Asus-router and then from the Asus-router to the server?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Is your ISP modem/router set to a bridge mode so that it acts purely as a modem or is acting as both the router and the modem?

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

35 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Did you port-forward from the ISP-router to the Asus-router and then from the Asus-router to the server?

I only port forward from the Asus-router.

30 minutes ago, trag1c said:

Is your ISP modem/router set to a bridge mode so that it acts purely as a modem or is acting as both the router and the modem?

It is not set to bridge mode (not that I am aware), It acts as both a router and a modem

You need to port forward at the ISP router. To make it cleaner you should disable the routing functionality of your Asus device and us it only as a wireless AP and switch basically otherwise with double NAT you're going to run into a host of problems.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

You need to port forward at the ISP router. To make it cleaner you should disable the routing functionality of your Asus device and us it only as a wireless AP and switch basically otherwise with double NAT you're going to run into a host of problems.

Alright, i'll try that, thanks!