I need help Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus + Ryzen 9 5900x + Patriot Viper 3600 Mhz CL 17 - DRAM LED

Welcome. I'm a content creator and i at least gather enough money to upgrade my pc. I bought : 
- Ryzen 9 5900x
- Asus Tuf Gaming x570 Plus 
- RAM - 4x8 Gb Patriot Viper 4 Blackout 3600 Mhz CL 17

- PSU Corsair 750x 

When i was looking for mobo and ram for it i was looking also at memory qvl for ryzens and motherboards. My ram serial nuber is: PVB416G360C7K 
Amd ryzen memory compatibility : https://www.amd.com/en/products/ryzen-compatible-memory/ready-for-3rd-gen-amd-ryzen - this ram is on the list
Motherboard memory compatibility : http://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/TUF_GAMING_X570-PLUS/Memory_QVL_for_AMD_Ryzen_5000_Series_Processors_X570.pdf - also that ram is on the list with 1 slot support 2x slot support and 4x slot support

When i plugged all together and i try to start PC - Yellow DRAM led is turning ON and mobo is stuck in that moment. No POST, no beeps, nothing 
I tried with 1 ram stick every slot, 2 sticks everyt slots, 3 every slots, 4, cmos reset for every change and still nothing 

I wasn't prepared for that. I know for ryzens 5th gen you need to update BIOS in x570 chipsets but i can't get into it because of thhat damn DRAM. I tried even with my old ram sticks wich was not supported still nothing. What should i do ? i was thinking about buying the cheapest used ryzen 1st gen just to boot up mobo and update bios because i dont have nearby any of place where i could give mobo to bios update.  

For now i sended mobo to shop to change to new one  but i am worried that even if i get new one it will have the same bios ??? or it was truly damaged and i had bad luck

What do you think ?

21 minutes ago, AngryWolfYT said:

Welcome. I'm a content creator and i at least gather enough money to upgrade my pc. I bought : 
- Ryzen 9 5900x
- Asus Tuf Gaming x570 Plus 
- RAM - 4x8 Gb Patriot Viper 4 Blackout 3600 Mhz CL 17

- PSU Corsair 750x 

When i was looking for mobo and ram for it i was looking also at memory qvl for ryzens and motherboards. My ram serial nuber is: PVB416G360C7K 
Amd ryzen memory compatibility : https://www.amd.com/en/products/ryzen-compatible-memory/ready-for-3rd-gen-amd-ryzen - this ram is on the list
Motherboard memory compatibility : http://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/TUF_GAMING_X570-PLUS/Memory_QVL_for_AMD_Ryzen_5000_Series_Processors_X570.pdf - also that ram is on the list with 1 slot support 2x slot support and 4x slot support

When i plugged all together and i try to start PC - Yellow DRAM led is turning ON and mobo is stuck in that moment. No POST, no beeps, nothing 
I tried with 1 ram stick every slot, 2 sticks everyt slots, 3 every slots, 4, cmos reset for every change and still nothing 

I wasn't prepared for that. I know for ryzens 5th gen you need to update BIOS in x570 chipsets but i can't get into it because of thhat damn DRAM. I tried even with my old ram sticks wich was not supported still nothing. What should i do ? i was thinking about buying the cheapest used ryzen 1st gen just to boot up mobo and update bios because i dont have nearby any of place where i could give mobo to bios update.  

For now i sended mobo to shop to change to new one  but i am worried that even if i get new one it will have the same bios ??? or it was truly damaged and i had bad luck

What do you think ?

Are you sure you need ram to boot into bios? Some MOBOs like the MSI MAG TOMAHAWK support bios update with no cpu or ram

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

Just now, Enzo1001 said:

Are you sure you need ram to boot into bios? Some MOBOs like the MSI MAG TOMAHAWK support bios update with no cpu or ram

Without ram also did not started - DRAM led

Asus fot that price do not have bios flashback (posibility to upgrade/downgrade bios without ram and cpu plugged) 

What kind of dram were the old ones?

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

that mothebraord will not support ryzen 1st gen. Ask AMD to provide bios upgrade kit. It should be free. they will send you something like ryzen 3 2200g so you can do the bios update.

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

12 minutes ago, Enzo1001 said:

What kind of dram were the old ones?

GoodRam 2133 Mhz 

11 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

that mothebraord will not support ryzen 1st gen. Ask AMD to provide bios upgrade kit. It should be free. they will send you something like ryzen 3 2200g so you can do the bios update.

Thank you for help, i did not know that AMD have site for help, but rather than order boot kit (because to my country it will ship ages) maybe i'll buy old ryzen compatible with mobo from this site https://www.asus.com/support/cpu_support and after bios update i'l lsend it back (law in my country approve 14 day send back to shop) But i will do it only if new mobo wont boot  

I just want to update 

My mobo was send back to shop and shop send it to the authorized asus place for diagnosis. I need to wait now. Thay have 14 days to send info about it back to shop  

I have the same problem.. I alredy been sent a replacement for my Asus ROG Strix X570-I Gaming, but the problem persist. Also tried diferent ram sticks from other brands but it makes no diference..

- HyperX HX432C16FB3AK2/64

- Ryzen 9 5900x

- Asus ROG Strix X570-I Gaming

- PSU Corsair SF750

- still waiting for a 3080

I't seems that it is a very common problem, but i can't find a solution anywhere...

I saw that AMD can loan you a "Short-Term Processor Loan Boot Kit" if you have a x570 mobo and proff that you bought a 5000 series cpu:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-105

They give you a CPU for 10 days to update the bios, free shipping and return. I will say something when i have tried it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have news, AMD sent me a Ryzen 3 3100, entered on BIOS, I updated it, and now it works !!

33.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Run into the same issue with an AMD 5000 5600x

The motherboard stops on the prechecks of BIOS and the DRAM LED stays on. No way to get into the BIOS,

Was lucky enough to have a friend with a ryzen 3 3700x , just to get into the BIOS and update with its latest.

Check the barcode number on the left hand side of your RAM slots, the last 4 numbers current version of BIOS that board has out of the box . You need 2607 and upwards. Mine had 1407 :D