Does anyone know how to solve this problem ?! Kinda Wierd help meh

Does anyone know how I can make OBS on my laptop show My Desktop View and Game View at the same time? 

If it helps. My laptop has a ryzen 7 4800H and a GTX 1660 ti, its by Lenovo and its pretty good. I think the model is a Legion 5 AMD.

The way I'm currently using OBS right now is on high performance mode because If I turn OBS on high performance mode on Windows settings It uses my GPU to run OBS which means it will show games on OBS as well when im recording or anything like that but It WONT show my desktop when I tab out of the game or even close it which Is wack.

I saw that the only way to fix this issue was to put OBS back to default mode in windows settings where it gets run by my CPU and then It shows my Desktop but when I try to run a game as well OBS doesnt pick up the footage and its just black.

My Question is does anyone know how to do both, run OBS on laptop with it being able to so show Desktop and Game footage?  

If you're using game capture instead of desktop capture it's only going to hook in to the game. However, desktop capture might still be buggy for games that are running in fullscreen.

Frankly, why even want to capture your desktop if you're recording games..?

3 minutes ago, MapleSacks said:

..... If I turn OBS on high performance mode on Windows settings It uses my GPU to run OBS which means it will show games on OBS ......put OBS back to default mode in windows settings where it gets run by my CPU .......

Whatever is doing the encoding is completely irrelevant to what's being captured.

Using Monitor capture. Or jsut setting two different scenes and adding hotkey to switching them. If you have full keyboard, numpad is very useful.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv