What program i can add a video in a pdf file and make clickable?

Hi, i need to make a offline system with a catalog of everthink thant runs in IOS and Android.

And needs to be a offline system, i was thinking a pdf file where the client can click and chose etc

My question is...
There is any free or online option?
TY ALL.

3 minutes ago, Complete Your Profile said:

You can't, that's not how PDF works.

Actually never mind, it seems like you can using flv https://www.minimatters.com/embedding-a-video-in-a-pdf/

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

I'm using PDFelement, dosen't work...
Can u help? 

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

If I'm not mistaken, you actually can, it is however not supported by all PDF viewers. The media9 package for LaTeX should support this.

Just now, Hans Christian | Teri said:

If I'm not mistaken, you actually can, it is however not supported by all PDF viewers. The media9 package for LaTeX should support this.

Yeah, that's why I thought you couldn't - it's not baked in the PDF standard.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Yeah, that's why I thought you couldn't - it's not baked in the PDF standard.

That's true. The PDF viewers on Android and iOS might support it, one would have to test that.

Come to think of it,

Video is not supported by any adobe product. It is not part of the adobe pdf spec which is over 300 pages long. Doesn't work with nitro, panda reader either. For developpers, It also doesn't work for programming tools such as IText and Telerik PDF Control and it cannot be merged with any Crystal Report or Active Report PDF. It does work on one third party android pdf viewer and probably the one that the guy invented that for PDF.

1 hour ago, zhnu said:

Adobe does support rich media besides wikipedia and adobe documentation you can find examples online Franck is wrong. The native IOS/Android players might not support.

It only support rich media as part of OLE object adding which are not all adobe supported. Embedded text file works, animated gif works, 3d GLTF works. FLV does not work anymore as per 1.6 spec and more

Also note any FLV has to be encoded in H264 and i have yet to manage to make it work on Mac. Window and linux works so far. Maybe it need a special decoder on Max installed first in order to play these animations menus.

30 minutes ago, zhnu said:

Here is an pdf with and an embedded mp4 not flv, created with adobe pro.
It isn't supported on the browser so I'm guessing on mobile it wont work either.

Big_Buck_Bunny_720_10s_5MB.pdf 4.78 MB · 0 downloads

you are right it works on Adobe Pro, but it doesn't on Adobe Reader DC, Telerik, Nitro, Panda, FoxIt and Javelin. I didn't try XChanged as it doesn't start anymore, probably need a reinstall but i work daily with creating PDF by code and that is one of the less compatible thing there is. So far with rich media the only 100% success rate support i have found is the 3D gltf viewer. No viewer have failed to display them so far.