Monitor no signal with a broken VGA port

BinaryTimeLord

I was playing games a while ago, After I shut down my computer then turn it back on in 10 minutes. My monitor got stuck in no signal without the boot menu showing up after I reboot my computer 3 times. So I know is my VGA connector is the one causing the problem, I bought a new one. After I replaced them, my monitor still stuck in no signal. I noticed that there's an another VGA port so I tried plugged in and my monitor got fixed and my games are not working anymore.

Here's is my question.

1. Why there's a 2 VGA port

2. Are there any ways to fix the broken VGA port

3. Why I can't play games anymore after I fixed it

Thanks.

InkedIMG_20201123_191716_LI.jpg

The broken is your graphics card.. unless its plugged in here, you wont be using your graphics card to process games. The "Working" port, uses the integrated GPU on your CPU, assumed to be an intel based on how old this system looks to be. Does your monitor support any other video inputs, like HDMI or DVI (The white connector to the left of your broken VGA port.) Your GPU could also be dead too since its likely quite old since it still has a VGA port on it. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

The one next to the USB ports are used for integrated graphics, the one at below is external graphics. Sounds like your graphics card is broken, it looks like either socket 775 or budget 1156 motherboard and you might not have a integrated gpu good enough for gaming.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, BinaryTimeLord said:

I was playing games a while ago, After I shut down my computer then turn it back on in 10 minutes. My monitor got stuck in no signal without the boot menu showing up after I reboot my computer 3 times. So I know is my VGA connector is the one causing the problem, I bought a new one. After I replaced them, my monitor still stuck in no signal. I noticed that there's an another VGA port so I tried plugged in and my monitor got fixed and my games are not working anymore.

Here's is my question.

1. Why there's a 2 VGA port

2. Are there any ways to fix the broken VGA port

3. Why I can't play games anymore after I fixed it

Thanks.

InkedIMG_20201123_191716_LI.jpg

what is your full system, the broken one comes from the graphics card. the working one is from the cpu igpu, did you check all the drivers. igpu is much worse and weaker than normal gpu so it mught have issues

4 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:
4 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

The broken is your graphics card.. unless its plugged in here, you wont be using your graphics card to process games. The "Working" port, uses the integrated GPU on your CPU, assumed to be an intel based on how old this system looks to be. Does your monitor support any other video inputs, like HDMI or DVI (The white connector to the left of your broken VGA port.) Your GPU could also be dead too since its likely quite old since it still has a VGA port on it. 

My GPU is working fine and I can play red dead redemption 2 with medium settings. I forgot to say about that I changed a new monitor that supports those stuff.

9 minutes ago, Levent said:

The one next to the USB ports are used for integrated graphics, the one at below is external graphics. Sounds like your graphics card is broken, it looks like either socket 775 or budget 1156 motherboard and you might not have a integrated gpu good enough for gaming.

Weird, I checked that my computer is using Microsoft basic display adapter instead my gtx 980

3 minutes ago, BinaryTimeLord said:

My GPU is working fine and I can play red dead redemption 2 with medium settings. I forgot to say about that I changed a new monitor that supports those stuff.

soooo, then you're good now after swapping monitors and using the DVI? 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, BinaryTimeLord said:

Weird, I checked that my computer is using Microsoft basic display adapter instead my gtx 980

ahhhh, hate to break it... but there is no way thats a GTX 980 with that IO on that thing... 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

2 minutes ago, BinaryTimeLord said:

No GTX card ever had a VGA port. You got scammed on that one.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I meant the driver version of it. It's not an actual GPU. Nvidia drivers are kinda buggy though

14 hours ago, Levent said:

No GTX card ever had a VGA port. You got scammed on that one.

There are several GTX 750Ti with this I/O config exactly, it could be one of them.

OP, that DVI port (the white one to the left of the "broken" VGA port is DVI-I meaning you can use a DVI to VGA adapter and plug your monitor into that. They are cheap, try it.