PSN: Hacked, Charged, & Banned (HELP)

I will add this for any future readers.

Do not leave any active payment information in your profile for this very reason. 

Only add the payment info when you make the purchase and do not save the information. It may be a little bit inconvenient of a moments time to enter the info, but it is substantially more inconvenient when your account is stolen.

Keep this in mind.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

This is why I'm still a fan of physical media/games. I would push to fix it with Sony before going to the bank, like you said you already tried. You could maybe get your bank to talk to Sony so you keep your account still. I think telling your bank everything and having them contact sony in your defense is your best option, it could work. If you had money for a lawyer you could probably sue for this, but it's obviously not worth the legal fees and they know this which is why they arnt afraid to perma ban people who spend many hundreds of dollars.

This sort of crap is why I was afraid to buy PC Games from Services like Steam at first. Which is why I used to avoid using Steam Forums.

I now have a different passphase then I use to login to my computer, And I do this properly, like capital letters, numbers, and special symbols. I also try to avoid using the same passphase on multiple Forums and online email.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently in a similar situation like this. Got word that some low life in Iran hacked my account and purchased COD and now my account has been banned for violation and have no idea what to do at the moment

I had a similar problem and sadly i don't think that there is  anything you can do cuz Sony doesn't care and will NEVER change your account status.

On 2/16/2021 at 4:49 AM, T-mental18 said:

I'm currently in a similar situation like this. Got word that some low life in Iran hacked my account and purchased COD and now my account has been banned for violation and have no idea what to do at the moment

On 2/16/2021 at 7:00 PM, chiogo said:

I had a similar problem and sadly i don't think that there is  anything you can do cuz Sony doesn't care and will NEVER change your account status.

I mean it's totally possible Sony got complete garbage in the last couple of years, but they used to be able to solve most of these issues, especially if you were able to confirm your ip adresses and console sn with them - it's very easy to see for them someone somewhere else on a different console accessed your account... 

ps: also if you have money and are in the EU sue them, I doubt it's actually legal to take your ownership of digital goods without any good reason, based on false accusations whatsoever. it's just, most gamers are rather poor or have other issues, so these companies get away with a lot of stuff (and they know it) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity