Help me choose my Laptop

M4R

Okay so first what i'm going to be using it for: I'm not interested in gaming or editing, I just want a good looking screen because i'm trying to launch a online business so i spend quite a bit of time on my laptop.
So, Reading & Watching Videos is what i'm going to be using it for.
Things i care about a lot: Build Quality,Display, Speakers, Battery life
Things i DON'T care about: Gaming Performance which also kinda means that it doesn't need to have good thermals since i'm not going to be using it for any intense work, But i am going to be running it for hours and having lots of programs open at the same time, So i guess thermals matter? i don't really know tbh...

Option 1) Razer Blade 15 Base Edition
Display: 15.6" 1920×1080 144Hz, 100% sRGB, 4.9 mm bezel, factory calibrated
CPU: 10th Gen i7-10750H
GPU: GTX 1660 Ti (6GB GDDR6 VRAM)
Battery: 65 WHr

Option 2) Dell XPS 15
Display: 15.6" 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) OLED 100% DCI-P3 400-Nits display
CPU: 9th Gen i7-9750H
GPU: GTX 1650 (4GB GDDR5 VRAM)
Battery: 96 WHr

The display is what i'm the most indecisive about, I've heard 4K on 15.6" is unnoticeable because its a small screen for that kind of res, But ITS OLED, and i've heard OLED looks amazing. But on the other side, Razer blade has 144Hz and again, I've HEARD that 144Hz is smoooooth.

So, Razer blade or XPS, 4K OLED VS 144Hz for productivity purposes, p.s literally never seen 144Hz in my life, i guess if i knew how it looks/feels, My decision would be easier. And its not all about the display. if you're familiar with any of these devices be sure to commend if you know about any "cons" of these two laptops.

Get the XPS, it'll likely not break and go with the configuration without the dedicated GPU, and a lower res oled screen. (If there is one) 

144hz is cool and all, for content consumption it doesn't matter and wow factor will die off in the first month

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Option 2 gives you a much better display. I would go for option 2 to fulfill the needs.

You have no needs for gaming, I don't think the 144hz really matters on doing excel, programing or managing online businesses.

I would pick the XPS 15. The Blade is a gaming laptop and has a much smaller battery, so battery life isn't that great. You can notice the difference between 4k on a 15.6in screen but it isn't that major of an upgrade and lowers battery life. The XPS also has better speakers, and slightly better build quality. Also customer support from Razer is terrible. 

2 minutes ago, Sharif said:

Get the XPS, it'll likely not break and go with the configuration without the dedicated GPU, and a lower res oled screen. (If there is one) 

144hz is cool and all, for content consumption it doesn't matter and wow factor will die off in the first month

These no lower res oled screen 4k is the only option, But thanks anyways.

The xps isn't just gonna flat out die on you after a year. But if you want I could give you much cheaper alternatives that will be just as good for your needs and have better battery life as well what you are doing can be done on a lot less of specs.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

The xps isn't just gonna flat out die on you after a year. But if you want I could give you much cheaper alternatives that will be just as good for your needs and have better battery life as well what you are doing can be done on a lot less of specs.

Sure, Give me all alternatives you got.

Just now, M4R said:

Sure, Give me all alternatives you got.

Ranked from the best alternative to ok alternative:

The hp envy x360 amd ryzen version (anything starting from the 4500u version is plenty good) if you want a convertable make sure it's the one with the 400 nits upgraded display is around 900$.

Then you have the zenbook 14 with a ryzen 4500u should be 700$.

The acer swift 3 ryzen 4000 version starts at 500$.

The zenbook or envy x360 would be the best an plenty for your needs. Yes the batteries aren't as big but ryzen is incredibly power efficient and the screens on these devices are the more sensible 1080p resolution (can't see a difference between 4k and 1080p on 15 inch screens anyways) which only further helps the battery life. You go from 5-6 hours on the xps to almost 8-10 on both of these devices.

You also won't have the big problem with oleds that is called burn in where an static image that is left open for a long time on the screen will get burned into it and stay displayed. That and the blue colours fade on oled screens causing them to yellow over time. With static image I mean simply things like the taskbar in windows or a webbrowser that is fullscreen.

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Ranked from the best alternative to ok alternative:

The hp envy x360 amd ryzen version (anything starting from the 4500u version is plenty good) if you want a convertable make sure it's the one with the 400 nits upgraded display is around 900$.

Then you have the zenbook 14 with a ryzen 4500u should be 700$.

The acer swift 3 ryzen 4000 version starts at 500$.

The zenbook or envy x360 would be the best an plenty for your needs. Yes the batteries aren't as big but ryzen is incredibly power efficient and the screens on these devices are the more sensible 1080p resolution (can't see a difference between 4k and 1080p on 15 inch screens anyways) which only further helps the battery life. You go from 5-6 hours on the xps to almost 8-10 on both of these devices.

You also won't have the big problem with oleds that is called burn in where an static image that is left open for a long time on the screen will get burned into it and stay displayed. That and the blue colours fade on oled screens causing them to yellow over time. With static image I mean simply things like the taskbar in windows or a webbrowser that is fullscreen.

Those laptops are not as good as an XPS or a Blade. For one thing they're 13in not 15. And the 4500U is slower than the 10750H or 9750H in the Blade and XPS. The build quality is also much worse, the battery is just as good on the XPS it also gets 10 hours of battery, the XPS has the best laptop speakers on the market right now, one of the best keyboards too, and a 4k OLED screen will look better than a 1080p screen and burn-in isn't really an issue with modern OLEDs unless you override the protections, the trackpad is much larger on a XPS or Blade.

You will have a much better experience using a Blade or XPS compared to those laptops. Not to say those laptops are bad, they're just in a different category.

1 hour ago, Coolmaster said:

the battery is just as good on the XPS it also gets 10 hours of battery,

You must be talking about a lower end mode right? now way a 4k OLED display laptop gets 10h of battery life?

2 hours ago, M4R said:

You must be talking about a lower end mode right? now way a 4k OLED display laptop gets 10h of battery life?

I just got that from the lTT review, they used the 4k edition. The XPS has almost the largest battery allowed in a laptop.

12 hours ago, M4R said:

Yeah from tests it gets about 5-6 hours.

13 hours ago, Coolmaster said:

Those laptops are not as good as an XPS or a Blade. For one thing they're 13in not 15. And the 4500U is slower than the 10750H or 9750H in the Blade and XPS. The build quality is also much worse, the battery is just as good on the XPS it also gets 10 hours of battery, the XPS has the best laptop speakers on the market right now, one of the best keyboards too, and a 4k OLED screen will look better than a 1080p screen and burn-in isn't really an issue with modern OLEDs unless you override the protections, the trackpad is much larger on a XPS or Blade.

You will have a much better experience using a Blade or XPS compared to those laptops. Not to say those laptops are bad, they're just in a different category.

Have you not seen the benchmarks? The 4500u is indeed as fast as a 9750h and the xps does not get 10 hours of battery more like 5-6. Yes the laptops I showed are between 13-15 inches.

Yeah from tests it gets about 5-6 hours.

From Linus's review it gets 10 hours, maybe with a higher brightness it gets less. Maybe if you get the 56WHr version you get that much, but the expanded battery improves battery life

Have you not seen the benchmarks? The 4500u is indeed as fast as a 9750h and the xps does not get 10 hours of battery more like 5-6. Yes the laptops I showed are between 13-15 inches.

The 10750H is faster than a 4500U. It also has 6 cores with hyperthreading that are faster. And the XPS has a dedicated GPU. And anyways the tasks their describing the performance of the computer doesn't even really matter.

1 minute ago, Coolmaster said:

From Linus's review it gets 10 hours, maybe with a higher brightness it gets less. Maybe if you get the 56WHr version you get that much, but the expanded battery improves battery life

The 10750H is faster than a 4500U. It also has 6 cores with hyperthreading that are faster. And the XPS has a dedicated GPU. And anyways the tasks their describing the performance of the computer doesn't even really matter.

Theirs must be an outlier as the best I found for the 4k oled one is 7 hours. Ltts testing may be different idk but it's strange when multiple sources go between 5-7 hours now and theirs does 10.